Rates for Ground?

I'm looking to start CFI training soon, and want to know what some average rates are for ground instruction, and how many hours should be expected for the CFI rating? (I know it is very in-depth and is mostly knowledge) I've seen 30-45/hr but i'm not sure what everyone else pays.

Thanks

$35 an hour, unless you want the Chief Pilot which is $50.

I'm looking to start CFI training soon, and want to know what some average rates are for ground instruction, and how many hours should be expected for the CFI rating? (I know it is very in-depth and is mostly knowledge) I've seen 30-45/hr but i'm not sure what everyone else pays.

Thanks

Same instructor...or an instructor with a similar level of experience...as when you trained for your PPL & CPL?? Why would the rate be any different? You might need more hours but the rate should be the same.

I'm looking to start CFI training soon, and want to know what some average rates are for ground instruction, and how many hours should be expected for the CFI rating?
Every school has a different method for charging ground. Some charge more for "advanced" instruction - commercial, IFR, CFI, etc. You can figure between $30 - $50/hr for CFI training.

As far as the hours go, it depends entirely on you. The brunt of CFI ground runs on two congruent tracks - one being to solidify and deepen your knowledge base in all areas, the other is to build/enhance your ability to present (teach) those knowledge areas. Depending on your background as an instructor of anything and how broad & deep your aeronautical knowledge is, this can be relatively quick, or quite protracted. So you could be looking at 20 hours or 40 in the classroom.

Hope this helps!

John