Member Directory

Guest rookie101

Guest rookie101

Hello forum. I find myself spending a lot of time PMing other experienced members through out this forum. As a wanna-be the advice given to me in these PM's is extremely helpful, but the only reason I know who to contact is because I spend a lot (probably too much) time here on the board. So my idea was to have willing members post what there current job is, what they fly, what they've flown in the past (both job and helo), and what flight school they attended so that any wanna-be's or student's with questions could ask someone who is qualified. Any additional info is encouraged like A/P, degree (where you got it from) and anything else you might want to tell someone. Now, you don't have to (and I imagine you won't) post what company you're working for now or have worked for in the past.

Now, to the sender, do all of the research you can BEFORE you send your PM to a member. The members who are receiving your PM are taking their time to answer your question and if that question is already somewhere in the board and you didn't bother looking for it, well than that was just a waste of their time and you suddenly become more of an inconvenience and annoyance rather than someone they can help. Do all the research you can before hand i.e. FAQ or maybe that little thing at the top of the board called the SEARCH feature!! Also, be patient your question will be answered in due time and be thankful that it was ever read!

For the members who are willing to post if you could lay out your info in a format that is easy to point out all of the details that would be very helpful. Something along these lines would be satisfactory:

Current Job-

Current Helicopter-

Past Jobs-

Past Helicopters-

Additional Info. (i.e. A/P)-

Past flight school-

Mechanics can/are encouraged to post as there may be someone looking to become a mech rather than a pilot:

Years as an A&P-

Aircraft type worked on-

A&P School attended-

Rookie,

Great idea you have! It would be great if some of those same folks could put some of that info into there profile as well if they haven't done so already. But I'm sure some haven't becuase of privacy reasons.

Again, for all of you that have helped out with your knowledge and experiance for us trying to get into the flying world, thankyou very much for being patient and giving us a hand!

Guest rookie101

ack :blink: :huh: i guess no one (except B21 and I) really likes this idea eh? Ah well, worth a shot :blink: Any suggestions? B21 had a good idea with adding this stuff into members profiles, what do you think forum? Just trying to make it easier on everyone else....

its a good idea, i'll go 1st then:

Current Job-I work at a tool company that makes special tools & carts to ground handle helicopters, i run lathes, milling machines, welding equipment etc.. Also work on helicopters-specialize in the 269's tho. Also track and balance of helicopters & fixed wing propeller balancing. I can very rarely be caught working on a fixed wing, other than balancing tho !.

Current Helicopter-Hughes 269B (owned it since 1991, rebuilt it from an insurance company wreck/bid i won, did my 1st solo init AND took my PPL checkride in it too)

Past Jobs-Helicopter mechanic/IA RACO helicopters, Omniflight helicopters, BC helicopter svc.

Past Helicopters- 269C bought it wrecked & sold it for parts (was going to rebuild it--but cost was too much)

Additional Info. (i.e. A/P)- A&P in 1989 IA in 1992 atttended Schweizer service school in 1991

Past flight school- BC helicopter svcs 1991 in 269C, a small school @ N40 run by Tom Barney (one of the best 300 pilots in the country) Did mountain flying in the Adirondaks w/ him, tons of full-on autos, run on landings w/ simulated T/R failure---feet flat on floor & "steer" w/ the throttle-verry fun & "interesting" ( he still is one of the few ppls that i know of that still will do them w/ you) ((if anyone is interested PM or email me & i will give you the details, he is near Philadelphia))

Mechanics can/are encouraged to post as there may be someone looking to become a mech rather than a pilot:

Years as an A&P-17 years ( holy cow ! :o i must be gittin old)

Aircraft type worked on- Alot of Cessna & piper in my younger days; Bell 47,206,222; Hiller pistons, Enstrom, Astar, and ALOT of 269s- of korse ! ( TH-55, 269A, 269A-1, 269B, 269C ),, no cb's tho

A&P School attended- Riverside schol of aeronautics, Utica NY ( not in business any more tho) :(

Additional: I do whatever i have to, to stay in this business-as i cannot bear the thought of "having to get a real job" I just fly for fun, work at my own pace ( usually pokey-pace, thats where the nick comes from) B)

I got my A&P 1st, because i wanted to own a helicopter & airplane, rather than make a career of flying them. (out of high school i went on to get a degree in Mech. Engineering--worked in that field a few years & was bored, so quit to persue my love for helicopters) I have some time in a 206, Enstrom, Hiller and 269-all models cept cb's & the turbine. I had a Cessna Aerobat 150 for about 15 years & spent most our time together upside down. :huh:

Pokey (what a great nick name)!

You rock for stepping up and being the first. Its great to see someones credentials because it adds validity to subject matter! Lets see some more here from others.

I am going to append my profile, but I don't think my background is going to help out anybody here in regards to heli's. I am a Firefighter (14 years), Ham Radio Operator for 16 years, Water Distribution Operator D-2 certified, water well pump mechanic-installer-estimator-troubleshooter (26 years), I have been working with PLC's, VFD's and specialty controls including computer controlled systems for water systems for almost 20 years. I did grow up around aircraft (military cargo aircraft primarily as my dad was in the USAF for most of his life and took me on base/tarmac every weekend it seemed).

So as you can see, none of this is relative to anything here on the board, but maybe someday I will ad something else to my limited resume.

Current Job- EMS Pilot (SP/VFR)

Current Helicopter- B206L1 & L3

Past Jobs- CFI/CFII, Charter pilot, Tour pilot, Aerial photo/videographer, A&P mechanic

Past Helicopters- R22, R44, H269C & 300Cbi (and a little B47, F28F, and EC120 time).

Additional Info.- A&P/IA, B.S. in Aviation Management, MBA, Robinson & Bell school

Years as an A&P- 5 years

Aircraft type worked on- R22, R44, H269, B206Ls, C152s, 172s, 177s, 310s, PA28s, PA32s, TB-10s, a Challenger 601, and a King Air 100.

A&P School attended- Parks College of Aviation & Engineering - Saint Louis University (A&P program closed in 2004).

Current job: IFR captain, offshore oil & gas support.

Current helicopters: S76A++, C+, & B412.

Past jobs: cotton picker, rat skinner, truck driver, US Army, single-engine captain, offshore.

Previous helicopters: UH1 & OH58; B206 & AS350D.

Training: ROTC flight training, FW PPL; ORWAC, Ft Wolters & Ft Rucker.

aaaahhhh the school??? :blink:

Oh...Avia/Corvallis Aero Service, CVO, Corvallis, Oregon. And there're railroad tracks nearby too :D .

Later.

• 2 months later...
Guest rookie101

I am bumping this thread to see if anyone other members would like to add their info. I also really encourage those members already in the industry to post in this thread as those new to the forum can ask more specific questions pertaining to what it is you do.

Current Job-Flight school owner/head chef and bottle washer.

Current Helicopter-300C

Past Jobs-USAF Combat Search and Rescue Pilot, F-4 Phantom Weapons System Officer, plus a bit of time as a commercial pilot doing mostly tours and photo work and a very short stint doing ENG (company that owned the bird lost the contract just as I finished my check out).

Past Helicopters-TH-55, UH-1H, HH-3E, HH-60G, B47, R22, R44, and a bit of time in the AS350B2, AH-1 Cobra, and the MH-53E

Additional Info. (i.e. A/P)-Five years experience as a radar tech working on the F-106 Delta Dart and the F-4 Phantom, Private Pilot ASEL

Past flight school-First learned to fly fixed-wing at Fresno Skyriders Aero Club the summer after I finished high school. USAF Undergraduate Navigator Training at Mather AFB Class 85-08, USAF Undergraduate Pilot Training-Helicopter at Ft Rucker AL Class 88-05

Current Job-I.T. contract small business network setup and support.

Current Helicopter-R22

Past Jobs-Construction, Landscaping, Apprentice Lineman, Communications, Truck Driver

Additional Info. (i.e. A/P)-U.S. Army & National Guard as 19D Cavalry Scout then 12B Combat Engineer

Flight school- Have been attending Silver State Helicopters in Houston, TX for almost 4 months now.

HH60,

Thought you had a 44 and a 22 up there? Was I asleep for awhile?

Current Job-Flight school owner/head chef and bottle washer.

Current Helicopter-300C

Past Jobs-USAF Combat Search and Rescue Pilot, F-4 Phantom Weapons System Officer, plus a bit of time as a commercial pilot doing mostly tours and photo work and a very short stint doing ENG (company that owned the bird lost the contract just as I finished my check out).

Past Helicopters-TH-55, UH-1H, HH-3E, HH-60G, B47, R22, R44, and a bit of time in the AS350B2, AH-1 Cobra, and the MH-53E

Additional Info. (i.e. A/P)-Five years experience as a radar tech working on the F-106 Delta Dart and the F-4 Phantom, Private Pilot ASEL

Past flight school-First learned to fly fixed-wing at Fresno Skyriders Aero Club the summer after I finished high school. USAF Undergraduate Navigator Training at Mather AFB Class 85-08, USAF Undergraduate Pilot Training-Helicopter at Ft Rucker AL Class 88-05

• 4 months later...

Current Job - Corporate pilot flying executives, security, and buyers for the company to any of our 30 stores spread over 5 states.

Current Helicopter - Robinson R44 Raven II

Past Jobs - Flight instructor

Past Helicopters - R22 HP/R22 Beta I/R22 Beta II/R44 Raven I

Past Flight Schools - Quantum Helicopters in Chandler AZ/Glacier Aviation in Olympia WA.

- Both great schools

Most of the flights are off airport landings which makes each flight challenging and exciting. The R44 Raven II is a great ship.

Current Job- EMS pilot at a VFR, community-based program.

Current Helicopter- AS350

Past Jobs-

Flying: Gulf of Mexico/PHI; CFI, etc.; Army primary IP; VietNam- Firefly, whatever.

Non-flying: Lots of stuff, including 4 years as a "stay at home Dad".

Past Helicopters-

Bells: 412, 206, UH1; a little time, but NR (not rated in)- Cobra, 47, 222, 214ST.

Eurocopters: Twinstars, and of course now, the Astar.

Hughes: TH55A, H269A, B & C; a little time/ NR in a 500.

Additional Info. (i.e. A/P)-

Base lead pilot. Having admitted that, I'm obviously NOT smart enough to be an A&P...

Past flight school-

US Army WORWAC- Ft Wolters, TX. (back as an IP) & Hunter/Stewart, GA.

Instructed at South Carolina Helicopters/Plantation Heliport/Saluda, SC.

Current Job: Construction Project Manager / Interior Division Manager

Current Helicopter: Schz.300C (Training)

Past Helicopter: "Fly It" Simulator (just trying to fill-up the list so I look cool) ;)

Flight School: Pelican Flight Training, Hollywood, FL

Past Jobs: None in aviation...

Non-Flying:

Operations Manager in trucking industry...

Personnel / HR manager

Restaurant Industry (all areas)

Personal Financial Analyst

US Marine Corp - Anti-Tank TOW Company (Gunner) - 8th Tank Battallion

Almost everything customer service so I won't bore you witht the list...

Additional Info: 8yrs. as Youth Ministry Director @ my church...still going strong for the teens!!!