Guest rookie101

The cost will depending on what school you plan on attending. I will be going to a smaller flight school, but the costs will come out to be 50,000+ (modest estimate <_<) and that's ony around 200 hours in the R-22, I will more than likely need 100 more hours to be insurable for that first IP job. Also, use the search feature next time, you might find more than one thread. I didn't add the cost of training to the FAQ page because it varies from flight schools. Hope that helped.

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/helicopterfor...ic=3803&hl=

• 3 weeks later...
How much would one expect to pay for private-CFI? Assuming average completion times

Take my advice, never relay on estimates, always count on spending more than the schools & others tell you. That's usually how it ends up. After all you might be a superhero finishing your training in 6months, or it might take a bit longer lets say 12months. Bad weather might make you turn around on flight so that you will have to do them again. There are so many factors to take into consideration. Just remember an estimate is nothing more than an educated guess.

How much would one expect to pay for private-CFI? Assuming average completion times

Jack- I can almost say with certainty that you won't reach each step in the process with just the bare minimum number of hours required. That being said, take the advice of othe others below and guess high. There is only one school I have ever seen that will GUARANTEE you a PPLH for a set amount of money....not sure if they are still offering it, but it was 12K start to finish, with everything included ( ground, sim, flights, test, etc.) in an instrument R 22. ( all the bells and whistles, but R22's are not actually rated for IFR)