upper limit vs. universal heli

Danter,

I did go investigate the universal program when I was looking into going to different schools, needless to say their answers to my questions made up my mind. Never did anything with them but talk. I also talked with every other school in Utah (at the time). All I can say is ASK QUESTIONS, the more you ask the more you will you will poke holes in their lies. I actually had one school to tell me to “not come back” because I was asking them too many questions. On another point, DO SOME RESEARCH! This is your career don’t just take one persons point as the absolute truth. (That goes for mine too)

Ed

I do not have any more questions about the training because I have my cfi. I wish I would have asked more questions when I was looking into schools. All of my questions now for the last two years is how do I get back the money back that I was overcharged from universal, such as the lie about how there are no interest or finance charges on the loan. I / we were charged for flight and ground that we never received from the instructors. I would also like to know how I can find info on the pres. of universals bankruptcy when he owned Arizona wing and rotor. It is basically my quest to get my money back, put him and the owners behind bars where they belong and close down universal, unless they pay me what I am owed. I know this might sound harsh, but what we have been through because of them, they deserve it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danter,

I don't mean to burst your bubble but who gets a loan and doesn't expect to have interest on it? Mostly a studend loan.

Anyways, after calling loan companys I got to the bottom of the point that FauxZ made on this topic telling me that the school would not give ME the money to handle for myself. They will, its called a direct loan (which goes to show that not all statements made on here are all true). BUT only certain schools are aloud to do that through the loan company. Like for instance Salli Mae only does multiple dispersments with Unversal Helicopters. We (me, my flight school, loan company) get together and decided the best dates for the payments to be made and the amount we can all agree on that should be made. Although the amount will differ so I or the school (preferably I) needs to let the schools know how much money needs to be sent on that certain pay point. I also found out that upper limit or utah helicopters were not in their system. Good or bad? I have no idea. Depends on how you look at it. One good I found out with that being said is Sallie Mae only excepts certain schools to be in their system, in other words deserve to be.

But I hoping that today is the day that I finally come to a descision. Research in getting old. Its good to do but you can only get to a cetrain point and then it just gets repeditive. I am ready to get everything going and get started. I am leaning towards one school right now but I have one more to call. Then I hope I am done.

But thanks to Mitchell99 for the questions. I have used a few of them, actually all of them and it has helped in the descision process. FauxZ for misleading me and motivating me to get the bottom of your statement lol. Inverted911 for all your input, it really helped. Another guy and I not sure if he wants me to say his name but it starts with a G in the first name and M with the last name, he had some good input. Danter you had some good input also, but I am gonna thank you because hopefully I can learn from your mistakes with the money handling. Thanks guys.

Edited by cospey

Danter,

I don't mean to burst your bubble but who gets a loan and doesn't expect to have interest on it? Mostly a studend loan.

Anyways, after calling loan companys I got to the bottom of the point that FauxZ made on this topic telling me that the school would not give ME the money to handle for myself. They will, its called a direct loan (which goes to show that not all statements made on here are all true). BUT only certain schools are aloud to do that through the loan company. Like for instance Salli Mae only does multiple dispersments with Unversal Helicopters. We (me, my flight school, loan company) get together and decided the best dates for the payments to be made and the amount we can all agree on that should be made. Although the amount will differ so I or the school (preferably I) needs to let the schools know how much money needs to be sent on that certain pay point. I also found out that upper limit or utah helicopters were not in their system. Good or bad? I have no idea. Depends on how you look at it. One good I found out with that being said is Sallie Mae only excepts certain schools to be in their system, in other words deserve to be.

But I hoping that today is the day that I finally come to a descision. Research in getting old. Its good to do but you can only get to a cetrain point and then it just gets repeditive. I am ready to get everything going and get started. I am leaning towards one school right now but I have one more to call. Then I hope I am done.

But thanks to Mitchell99 for the questions. I have used a few of them, actually all of them and it has helped in the descision process. FauxZ for misleading me and motivating me to get the bottom of your statement lol. Inverted911 for all your input, it really helped. Another guy and I not sure if he wants me to say his name but it starts with a G in the first name and M with the last name, he had some good input. Danter you had some good input also, but I am gonna thank you because hopefully I can learn from your mistakes with the money handling. Thanks guys.

You are very welcome for the help, I wish the best of luck to you. I am glad that I possibly took another student away from that school.

Per Mithcell99, I went to the state commerce today, they were very helpful. The person I talked to has heard of me before, I sent several letters to the dept. and she said that I was instrumental in getting the post secondary proprietory act into law with all of my complaints to the attorney general, BBB, Senater, Congressman, FAA, etc. Complaining is a good thing. It eventually gets results.

Haha, glad I could help?? ;) Sorry I couldn't provide more direct information. I didn't deal with the student loan companies for very long before I choose another route. I'm glad you took the time to look up the information with regards to your situation.

Really, that's the best lesson to learn. No matter what someone else has done, it's foolish or even dangerous to assume you will get the same results. Use the experience of others to help you know what to look out for or what questions to ask, then find the answer that applies to you. Kudos cospey.