trying to find a post about why the army is bad

elpinoman

i read a post months ago. It was a guy discussing some military branch. He was saying that there is no in this world worth dying for, and most people dont care enough about the Solders. It was written out really well, and I just wanted to show a buddy of mine the post. If anybody knows where this post is please link me. thanks sorry if this is in the wrong section.

i read a post months ago. It was a guy discussing some military branch. He was saying that there is no in this world worth dying for, and most people dont care enough about the Solders. It was written out really well, and I just wanted to show a buddy of mine the post. If anybody knows where this post is please link me. thanks sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Good idea, spread the apathy

By no means am I against the Military, I just thought the statement was very well composed, and thought out.

Anyone who says there's nothing worth dying for must also believe that there's nothing really worth living for. That doesn't sound like the kind of person I'd like to fly with...

Elpinoman (and wild blue), I'd have to ask anybody who took that position if they had a family. The answer will illuminate the discussion. I'd have to doubt the veracity of anybody who believed there was nothing important enough that they couldn't see themselves fighting to the death to protect because it's to important to lose and live. That individual's either without character, judgement, or self-respect.

Anyone who says there's nothing worth dying for must also believe that there's nothing really worth living for.

If nothing is worth dying for, that means Everything is worth living for. I have no idea how you pulled nothing worth living for out of that statement

I think the implication is a lack of willingness to die for something, say, like not willing to learn to fly helicopters because you might die, is a demonstration of a lack of willingness and the individual will not care about anything enough to even "live" for it.

There isn't such a thing written worth reading. Good or bad.

Unless of course, you are not American.

And then of course there is the paradox. If you die trying to change something, you never get to see the change!

"Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy."

Camus, A. Le Mythe de Sisyphe 1942

Joker

Edited by joker