Another Student in the air!

After reading topics on a BUNCH of forums including this one (mostly lurking in the background,) I decided to go for it. Already spoke to my instructors, picked out the school, read a ZILLION books, spoke with pilots all over the country in varying stages of their careers, and tons of research. Today I got my medical, and this Saturday I get my first of MANY hours stick time! Thanks for all the great topics and words of encouragement (even though not directly towards me.) Everyone on here has a positive outlook on the profession, and as soon as I retire from "profession 1" (in 7 years) I'm looking forward to starting a new career in this profession, with CFI-I in hand. No more lurking.

Thanks again!

Edited by Fastlane

Welcome aboard! Let us know how your first training flight goes.

What can I say? That was friggin awesome! 900' AGL at 90KTs, I got the straight and level pretty good first time up. And after a few attempts, I even got the IGE hover coming along nicely. Just as long as my instructor has the cyclic! LOL I did good when I just had the collective and the pedals, but when he gave me the cyclic too, it wasn't so pretty.

Anyways, a fantastic 1st hour, and I can't wait for the next 2,500!

Edited by Fastlane

What can I say? That was friggin awesome! 900' AGL at 90KTs, I got the straight and level pretty good first time up. And after a few attempts, I even got the IGE hover coming along nicely. Just as long as my instructor has the cyclic! LOL I did good when I just had the collective and the pedals, but when he gave me the cyclic too, it wasn't so pretty.

Anyways, a fantastic 1st hour, and I can't wait for the next 2,500!

Congratulations on your first flight. It only gets more enjoyable!