Hours needed to get COmmercial CFI add-on

Hey can anyone tell me how many hours i would need to get my privated helicopter add-on and then my commercial.. just the minnimums.... I only hold a private SEL with about 100 hrs i know it may not be possible to earn the rating in the minnimum hourws but let me know any way thanks

tony

Hey can anyone tell me how many hours i would need to get my privated helicopter add-on and then my commercial.. just the minnimums.... I only hold a private SEL with about 100 hrs i know it may not be possible to earn the rating in the minnimum hourws but let me know any way thanks

tony

Is that 100 hours PIC time? If so , you only need about 60 hours to add on and get your commercial....however you will probably really need more like 70-90 to feel good and comfortable about your skill level. This subject has been discussed multiple times, with multiple answers!

TITLE 14 CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS (CFR)

FEDERAL AVIATION REGULATIONS

Subpart E—Private Pilots

§ 61.109 Aeronautical experience.

© For a helicopter rating. Except as provided in paragraph (k) of this section, a person who applies for

a private pilot certificate with rotorcraft category and helicopter class rating must log at least 40 hours of

flight time that includes at least 20 hours of flight training from an authorized instructor and 10 hours of

solo flight training in the areas of operation listed in §61.107(B)(3) of this part, and the training must

include at least—

(1) 3 hours of cross-country flight training in a helicopter;

(2) Except as provided in §61.110 of this part, 3 hours of night flight training in a helicopter that includes

(i) One cross-country flight of over 50 nautical miles total distance; and

(ii) 10 takeoffs and 10 landings to a full stop (with each landing involving a flight in the traffic pattern) at

an airport.

(3) 3 hours of flight training in preparation for the practical test in a helicopter, which must have been

performed within 60 days preceding the date of the test; and

(4) 10 hours of solo flight time in a helicopter, consisting of at least—

(i) 3 hours cross-country time;

(ii) One solo cross-country flight of at least 75 nautical miles total distance, with landings at a minimum

of three points, and one segment of the flight being a straight-line distance of at least 25 nautical miles

between the takeoff and landing locations; and

(iii) Three takeoffs and three landings to a full stop (with each landing involving a flight in the traffic

pattern) at an airport with an operating control tower.

Subpart F—Commercial Pilots

§ 61.129 Aeronautical experience.

© For a helicopter rating. Except as provided in paragraph (i) of this section, a person who applies for a

commercial pilot certificate with a rotorcraft category and helicopter class rating must log at least 150 hours of flight time as a pilot that consists of at least:

(1) 100 hours in powered aircraft, of which 50 hours must be in helicopters.

(2) 100 hours of pilot-in-command flight time, which includes at least—

(i) 35 hours in helicopters; and

(ii) 10 hours in cross-country flight in helicopters.

(3) 20 hours of training on the areas of operation listed in §61.127(B)(3) of this part that includes at least

(i) 10 hours of instrument training in an aircraft;

(ii) One cross-country flight of at least 2 hours in a helicopter in day VFR conditions, consisting of a total

straight-line distance of more than 50 nautical miles from the original point of departure;

(iii) One cross-country flight of at least 2 hours in a helicopter in night VFR conditions, consisting of a

total straight-line distance of more than 50 nautical miles from the original point of departure; and

(iv) 3 hours in a helicopter in preparation for the practical test within the 60-day period preceding the

date of the test.

(4) 10 hours of solo flight in a helicopter on the areas of operation listed in §61.127(B)(3) of this part,

which includes at least—

(i) One cross-country flight with landings at a minimum of three points, with one segment consisting of a

straight-line distance of at least 50 nautical miles from the original point of departure; and

(ii) 5 hours in night VFR conditions with 10 takeoffs and 10 landings (with each landing involving a flight

in the traffic pattern).

....The "BOOK" answer

Clark

Clark- I was going to say that....but I kinda thought..dude..just look it up !!!