Vertical Challenge Airshow

Goldy

Last years show was a pretty good one. For those that don't know this is a helo only show held at the Hiller helicopter air museum.

Here's a quick link http://www.hiller.org/vertical-challenge.shtml

Who's going? Rob, Roger, ?? Speak up !!

IF the weather is nice I'll probably take a fixed wing up from LA...

Goldy

Last years show was a pretty good one. For those that don't know this is a helo only show held at the Hiller helicopter air museum.

Here's a quick link http://www.hiller.org/vertical-challenge.shtml

Who's going? Rob, Roger, ?? Speak up !!

IF the weather is nice I'll probably take a fixed wing up from LA...

Goldy

Goldy,

I checked with schedule planner(the wife!), and we'll be of town that weekend! :( I did check Southwest, before I talked to the wife, and I found an airfare of $138 R/T to OAK from LAX. Price was good, but I can't make it. I was just thinking the other day, when it was coming up!

Roger-Are you going?

I finally went up on Sunday, so I'm current NOW! We should meet for breakfast sometime, eh? It's hit or miss in the AM, we had to wait about 20min. on Sunday, because TOR was calling IFR. We finally asked for a SVFR, but then it went VFR on departure. So AM departures right now, it tends to be SVFR, so it's no go for solo flight. Hopefully it'll get better over the next few weeks, but we're getting into JUNE GLOOM!! Maybe we can meet and the 94th Aero for brunch on a Sunday!? Let me know.

Cheers-

R91

Rob

I finally went up on Sunday, so I'm current NOW! We should meet for breakfast sometime, eh? It's hit or miss in the AM, we had to wait about 20min. on Sunday, because TOR was calling IFR. We finally asked for a SVFR, but then it went VFR on departure. So AM departures right now, it tends to be SVFR, so it's no go for solo flight. Hopefully it'll get better over the next few weeks, but we're getting into JUNE GLOOM!! Maybe we can meet and the 94th Aero for brunch on a Sunday!? Let me know.

Cheers-

R91

Rob

Rob- lets meet for lunch...I flew 2 weeks ago..just to stay current!! ( Hey..whats that red button over there for ??)

Lunch has less gloom involved...I wonder if Camarillo is any better..or worse?

We could also do an El Monte (EMT) for lunch..I'll call and set something up..Goldy

Hey Guys!

Yes I am planning on heading to San Carlos for the Airshow on June 16th barring any last minute fires (literally LOL). I am sure well talk more as it gets closer. To bad Rob can't make it, but there will be other times!

Things have been going nuts here in Norcal the last few days, one of the CDF copters (Either 104 or 902) ended up doing a precautionary landing for sometype of mechanical problem enroute to a fire in the Sierra's yesterday. Not sure the outcome, but they landed ok fromt he sounds of it.