Training in Ohio??

JR Aviation in Sellersburg, IN (Louisville area) JR aviation

Robinson R22/R44

I haven't flown with them, but have heard, second hand, that they are OK

Iron Eagle Aviation in Middletown OH still has their web sit up, but I don't know if they are still operating or not iron eagle

I had heard that there was someone in the Columbus, OH area training with a Schweizer 300, but I don't know who or where, might call around and see if anyone knows.

Clark B)

Robinson R22/R44

Iron Eagle Aviation in Middletown OH still has their web sit up, but I don't know if they are still operating or not iron eagle

I had heard that there was someone in the Columbus, OH area training with a Schweizer 300, but I don't know who or where, might call around and see if anyone knows.

Clark B)

Thanks for the reply....interesting that parts of Iron Eagle's website is still up - if you go to www.ironeagleaviation.com you get their logo on a completley black screen with an inspirational quote about failure and defeat - that's why I assumed they were out of business.

• 3 weeks later...
I am a CFI with a schweizer/Hughes269A

I can provide you training in Lancaster, OH at Fairfield County Airport (KLHQ)

There are two more instructors and a second helicopter so you can fly as much as you want.

Kevin

I'm also at Fairfield County, and have been very happy with both of the instructors I've worked with. They currently only have one helicopter (a Hughes 269A, very similar to a Schweizer 300), but it's relatively available when I'm not screwing around with it...

Just an update. We will be located at the Lebanon/Warren County Airport (I68). We will have the helicopter Wed, June 27, and will be available for flight training. The name of the business is Vertical Advantage Helicopters.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact us here via PM, or at 513-746-7994.

• 2 weeks later...

Robinson R22/R44

Clark B)

beware of JR Aviation

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Robinson R22/R44

Clark B)

FAIRFIELDAIRVENTURES.COM is in Lancaster,Ohio they have 3 schweizers, R44, MD500

fly as much as you want when you want 7 days per week

Are there any schools in Ohio? Preferably in the southern half of the state. There was a place in Middletown but it is apparently no longer in operation.

(FAV) fairfieldairventures.com has 3 Schweizers, experienced instructors, FAA examiner, Laser grade test center.

Fly as often as you want 7 days a week. There recently were two students that flew 3-4 times per day and finished their private rating in just 3 weeks!

Turbine training and R44 time available too.

I'm also at Fairfield County, and have been very happy with both of the instructors I've worked with. They currently only have one helicopter (a Hughes 269A, very similar to a Schweizer 300), but it's relatively available when I'm not screwing around with it...

When I wrote this, they only had the one Hughes; they now have two Hughes 269s and a Schweizer 300 (I'm not sure of what particular version). They also have the MD500, but I don't know how much training they do in it.

I'm still very happy with the people there--they've taken very good care of me so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, Vertical Advantage Helicopters has just added a Schweizer 300 CBI helicopter to our fleet. We also still have the Enstrom F-28C.

We are located in southwest Ohio, between Cincinnati and Dayton.

Feel free to contact us at 513-746-7994, or at http://www.verticaladvantagehelicopters.com

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by Galadrium

• 2 weeks later...