first 30 min.

OK! Well I went up yesterday, finally after a month from my intro flight. I had my hands on the controls for most of the 1 hour flight. I had 30 min. of my time, with a few oh sh*t moments. I have a handle on this a little better now. flying straight is not bad. I have such a worry of not looking at the instruments that I found myself so focused on them I was unable to do much else. I losend my grip on the stick and looked up and out of the chopper and things smoothed right out. I am training in a R22 that is pretty cool. I noticed the wind will blow that little chopper everywhere. My instructor is really cool! Way to calm. At one point during my time. I asked him if he had his hand on the collective. He responded with "nope I am just trying to stay awake" so either that was a good comment or? Hoovering went well. He did complement me on my ability to stay calm and have small movements. So I will keep smiling and saving money for the next flight. I hope will be soon!!!!

Congrats rookie chopper:) Keep after it. I haven't been the air for a better 3 weeks now and today was suppose to fly from 4:00-6:00 but it got canceled. I'm in the same boat as you, good line "keep smiling and saving money for the next flight". Good luck on your next flight.

Dom

Same boat (ship? LOL) here, haven't been up since April. Cancelled flights due to OT shift at the FD, 500 HR maintenance, 7 stitches in my left hand, fog at the airport, and most recently airport is shut down next weekend for the Cleveland Grand Prix. But I'm already on the books 3 times in July, starting the 1st, and have a ride-a-long 12 hour shift in an EC135 later this month.

Keep after it guys, it'll come around! At least I hope it does. ;)

Hell, its been so long I can't remember the difference between a cyclic and collective thingy...

Simple Roger, "cyclic" refers to anything from a bike. "Those handle bars are cyclic in nature." And the collective thingy is the gold plate they pass around at church sunday morning.

Hell, its been so long I can't remember the difference between a cyclic and collective thingy...

There's a difference? I thought you used one if you were left handed or the other for right handers??

Gosh, now I feel stupid.

Same boat (ship? LOL) here, haven't been up since April. Cancelled flights due to OT shift at the FD, 500 HR maintenance, 7 stitches in my left hand, fog at the airport, and most recently airport is shut down next weekend for the Cleveland Grand Prix. But I'm already on the books 3 times in July, starting the 1st, and have a ride-a-long 12 hour shift in an EC135 later this month.

Keep after it guys, it'll come around! At least I hope it does. ;)

Next date will be July 10th and I can't wait. I have found myself bringing my lunch to work, Less driving, less everything so I can save some more money to fly. Anything I can do the better. Ok! I did not know how much fun it really would be until I had control of the chopper. Man I can't wait to start doing this for a living. I hate my desk job!!! Thanks for the response guys. Happy flying.