airnav.com

I thought I would post this here for those that don't know about it.

I have been using this site for quite a while now and have found it very usefull.

It gives you tons of info on particular airports. Phone numbers to FBO's, AWOS phone numbers, frequencies, airport diagrams, etc...

I hope you find it as usefull as I do.

http://www.airnav.com/

--CM

Yes it is, thank you svtcobra66! You can get to it through the airnav as well. The cool thing about that feature is if you look up an airport through airnav, that part of the sectional pops up on the right, and alls you have to do is click on it and it will take you right to it.

I would be curious to hear of other sites that pilots use on a regular basis for planning, info, etc.

Some of my favorites are: duats.com, weather.com (to get a general idea what the weather might be like for the next day), airnav.com and of course, verticalreference.com!

--CM

Not to be a pain, but duats.com meets the FAA requirement(s) for weather briefing, weather.com does not. The difference is during an accident investigation, did you make efforts to learn all you could about the flight and conditions? Duats is the same as calling FSS. They store your access records for 14 days in the event of incident, and you can file flight plans that go DIRECT to FSS. I don't know specifics about duat.com...this is not a commerical, your results may vary.

Goldy

Edited by Goldy

Goldy, I understand your point, but what I meant when I go to weather.com is, say I have a flight tomorrow to the OKC area and I want to see what the wx might look like the next day to get an idea if I will be flying. Before every flight (which are all x-c's), I go to duats.com and call a wx briefer. When I was going through training I remember my instructors telling me to get wx from any possible source. You can get a good idea of what the wx will look like across your state just by picking up the news paper, or watching the weather channel. I never make a x-c flight without checking with a briefer and duats.

Thanks.

--CM

duat.com and duats.com both meet the same requirements, they're just run by different companies. duat.com actually started somewhat before duats.com, FWIW. Both provide official NWS products, and are legal for preflight weather. ADDS isn't a third-party product like duat.com and duats.com, it's direct from the NWS and is official weather.

Weathermiester.com is kinda nice too. You can customize your own page to show your selected METARs, TAFs, AFs, NOTAMs, radar, satellite shots, frontal movement, etc all on one page. No auto update, but pretty cool otherwise. ADDS and the HEMS ADDS are my main two though. BTW, WeatherTAP sucks!!!!!