5 person

Ely

Dose any one know of a 5 person PISTON power chopper. And please don't say Robinson 44

Sikorsky S-55 is a 12 place.

Sikorsky S-56 is a 26 place.

Sikorsky S-58 is an 8 place.

Piasecki CH21 is a 20 place.

Piasecki H-25 is an 8 place.

:)

I've been trying to think think think....

R44, 4 seats.

UH-12E4, 4 seats, also has a turbine model, UH-12E4T.

FH-1100, 5 seats turbine, company claims lowest operating costs in turbines.

B47-J2, 4 seats.

And a rare UH-12E5, 5 seats. UH-12E5, I am having a hard time finding info on it. I don't think there were many made???

Technical data for Hiller UH-12E5

Engine: Lycoming VO-540-C2A pistone engine, rated at 250kW, main rotor diameter: 10.79m, take-off weight: 1406kg, empty weight: 871kg, max speed: 155km/h, cruising speed: 145km/h, hovering ceiling, OGE: 2070m, service ceiling: 4500m, range: 374km

another,

DATE:08/02/95 SOURCE:Flight International

Apart from re-starting production of the original UH-12E3, Hiller has also dusted off 30-year old plans to develop a five-seat utility version, the UH-12E5. A prototype was first flown in January and was displayed at Heli-Expo.

Hiller expects to certificate the new helicopter in April and will offer it with either the 250kW (340shp)-rated Lycoming VO-540 piston, or the 310kW (de-rated) Allison 250-C20B turboshaft. The first production UH-12E5 is expected off the line around October.

Like, RMP said, everything else is BIG..

I've been trying to think think think....

R44, 4 seats.

UH-12E4, 4 seats, also has a turbine model, UH-12E4T.

FH-1100, 5 seats turbine, company claims lowest operating costs in turbines.

B47-J2, 4 seats.

And a rare UH-12E5, 5 seats. UH-12E5, I am having a hard time finding info on it. I don't think there were many made???

another,

Like, RMP said, everything else is BIG..

WOW> A UH 12 E5 ??? I didnt know such an animal existed. BTW, there is a E4 for sale on Ebay right now, thats a rare enough bird....

I was going to say the Hummingbird 260L was a 5 seater..but its not. Only 4 seats. You could easily replace the two rear seats with a bench seat, and there is room for 3 across the back...but you are still limited by the weight and balance...gets you every time !

Nope, I would say I cant think of a piston 5 seater...without going back 30 years or so in time.

Goldy

Edited by Goldy