Altimeter Watches

slick1537

Anyone have any suggestions on altimeter watches under $100. I have seen a few but I was wondering if any one had any personal preferences. More of a novelty but it could come in handy one day.

Let me know if you find one...the only one's I have seen are big bucks.

Let me know if you find one...the only one's I have seen are big bucks.

there are alot of them listed on Ebay, and doing a search yelds alot as well.

Warning ! remember you get what you pay for.

I have a 130 doller Altimeter watch. It isnt very good. in fact its junk ->ATMG.jpg

I think everyone who ever got one of these watches were unhappy, lol.

Link to a few reviews.

Im saving up my money to buy this unit here->100664000000000.jpg

Suunto's websight.

They have good reviews on this product but its over 300$

~Lana

Edited by Optigirl

there are alot of them listed on Ebay, and doing a search yelds alot as well.

Warning ! remember you get what you pay for.

I have a 130 doller Altimeter watch. It isnt very good. in fact its junk ->ATMG.jpg

I think everyone who ever got one of these watches were unhappy, lol.

Link to a few reviews.

Im saving up my money to buy this unit here->100664000000000.jpg

Suunto's websight.

They have good reviews on this product but its over 300$

~Lana

I have the Suunto Vector and it's an expensive toy that can't be relied on for any accuracy. It acctually says that in the user manual. The compass is off significantly after a few days and you have to reset it constantly. The altitude is pretty much junk. I have gone out to the runway (where I know the exact altitude) and set the altimiter with the current info from AWOS and 10 minutes later it is 1000 feet off. I got it for Rock climbing and Mountaineering and it's not useful there either. At least it looks cool. They have a new one out which has a built in GPS called the X9I or X9M which I am looking to upgrade to. But I expect it to not be very reliable for aviation use either. Don't waste your money on it and buy a cheap GPS.

Permison

They're definitely toys, and the only handy part is for putting money into the pockets of the manufacturers and resellers. Same for the Rolex, Breitling, and other expensive watches. A cheap Timex or Casio will keep better time for far less money. If you just have to show off how much extra money you have, they're ok, but really have no other use.

I have the Suunto Vector and it's an expensive toy that can't be relied on for any accuracy. It acctually says that in the user manual. The compass is off significantly after a few days and you have to reset it constantly. The altitude is pretty much junk. I have gone out to the runway (where I know the exact altitude) and set the altimiter with the current info from AWOS and 10 minutes later it is 1000 feet off. I got it for Rock climbing and Mountaineering and it's not useful there either. At least it looks cool. They have a new one out which has a built in GPS called the X9I or X9M which I am looking to upgrade to. But I expect it to not be very reliable for aviation use either. Don't waste your money on it and buy a cheap GPS.

Permison

I have saved a few $ for that watch, After thinking about saving up yet 200$ more, I think your all right. Ill do far better with another pair of shoes than another Altimeter Watch.

They're definitely toys, and the only handy part is for putting money into the pockets of the manufacturers and resellers. Same for the Rolex, Breitling, and other expensive watches. A cheap Timex or Casio will keep better time for far less money. If you just have to show off how much extra money you have, they're ok, but really have no other use.

Hmm, well if they are so horribly inaccurate I think I may just skip the idea completely. My g/f was looking at it as something for an anniversary gift but I would at least prefer something that does what it says it can do, even if it is a novelty.

Happy anniversary slick!

and many more !

~LD