Picture of R-66 Prototype

Paisley

Dude they got it all wrong, that's the super secret R-88 man! ;)

Nope CP213, he is right Its the new R-66

I have the new R-88 Picture though.

I bet you cant guess where I found it !

~LD

post-8082-1190814141_thumb.jpg

~LD

:o :o ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is the funniest picture I've seen in awhile ---- still laughing :lol:

I thought the R-88 was supposed to be a top secret, next generation military aircraft.......way to publish military secrets for anyone to see!!

~LD

LOL Optigirl, I sure do recognize that pic, even though you butchered it so much! :blink: :lol:

it surprises me that no real pictures of the R66 prototype have leaked out yet. We saw it at the factory course (from a distance) in late August. It looked like a 44 to me, only a bit taller, unpainted and with lots of cables hanging out the engine compartment.

Apparently they were flying it, too, hovering at least, didn't see that personally though.

I just got back from the safety course. Frank said the mast would be 8 inches higher than the 44 and the overall dimensions would be something like 7 inches wider and 11 inches longer. There'll be room for three in the back, the middle passanger sitting a few inches higher and a few inches foreward of the other two (for shoulder room). It's also supposed to have a cargo hold with room for three sets of golf clubs. Frank said they tried to come up with a diesel for it, but the technology's just not available. If there's ever a light enough diesel, he plans to produce a diesel and turbine version of the 66. He also said it was many years from production. Tom was a bit more forthcoming, and said Frank just doesn't want people to stop buying 44's, suggesting that it may be closer than we think. I heard a turbine running, but it was behind a screened off portion of the ramp, so I didn't get a look at it.