Kneeboards

I got to looking at the 9G from the other post and got an idea.

I have a flightcrew checklist book from my GLCM days. I took one of the pages and the kneeboard to work and did some Frankensteining. I took the page and taped it to the board and used a 5/32 bit and drilled 5 holes on each side, followed by de-burring with a countersink. I then went to Freddy's and got some ring binders.

Voila! A pseudo-kind-of 9G.

I'll try it out one of these days if the weather gets better. One of the grandkids wants to go flying.

Later

kneeboard3.jpg

kneeboard2.jpg

kneeboard1.jpg

Edited by Witch

Thanks for all the tips/ideas. I'm still shopping. Not in a hurry. Again, my short legs may be an issue. I'll probably get something very simple to start, and go from there. I'll try just borrowing my instructors for now.

Again, if anyone wants to "clean house" and send me their old boards, I'd take 'em! :D

• 4 weeks later...

GOT ONE!!!!

After looking at several at the school, and trying my instructor's for several flights, I finally purchased "The Ultimate" Kneeboard. Still a bit large for my tiny legs, but does work well. It's simple enough, but still has pockets for pen/light. I like the ridged rings, too. Floppy rings seem awkward.

Thanks yah'll for the advice and comments. Really helpful, and prevented me from spending $$ on the wrong KB.

Has anybody tried Hendricks 9-G Plus High Performance Kneeboard? It sounds like another 9G Kneeboard but cost 10$ more than other one...

I've got the 9g plus, works well, nice and small. I don't remember how much I paid for it but I think it was less than 40 bucks.