Training Flight Scheduling; which type is preferred?

Training Flight Scheduling; which type is preferred?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. STUDENTS: Which type Flight/CFI scheduling?

• Online scheduling?
    • Stubby pencil and clipboard?
  2. 2. SCHOOLS: Which type Flight/CFI scheduling?

• Online scheduling?
    • Stubby pencil and clipboard?

I'm more used to using the stubby pencil and clip board setup to schedule flights with aircraft and CFI's. It's simple to mate that up with a maintenance schedule. I can see having to keep a close eye on maintenance timing and letting the student client know of flight deferrments/training conflicts. It would require a student to physically pencil in his desired flights or make a phone call to do it.

Is the above the way to go? Or are there better benefits to going online to do this? Can it be linked to the next step of invoice / billing too?

Are there existing programs out there already? An off the shelf software package or an Microsoft Excel program? I can really use help here, my thanks to anyone that can.

I guess bottom line, which is preferred by students, yet user-friendly enough for the school operator? KISS = Keep it Simple St--id Please vote above!

A forum search yielded nothing for me. Thanks!

I am not sure how to fix it, but your poll won't let you just vote on the student. You get an error and asks you to vote on the other one too.

On the online sched deal. I like the Online better than call the school. I was on the call and pencil in because I live 2 hrs from my school. My school is using the Cass Technology Sched. I like it pretty good. Pretty easy to use also. Some major academies are using it.

I have seen other schools use these Sky Scheduler or Flight Schedule Pro, but I have not used them.

Good Luck

On line is the only way to go. I can check last minute and take a flight, even on a weekend. I dont need anyone at the school, just need to make sure I am not bumping a scheduled flight. Great stuff. It also does all the billing, email notifications, tracks maintenance and CFI hours......you're missing out on business if you have to be there to schedule a flight.

Goldy

Lifeapresmil,

I just got hired on to a flight school doing dispatch (FW side though), who does all their scheduling online. I find it a beautiful thing. The students can go online, see when and what they are flying, what lesson, and who they are flying with... all without calling. If they do need to change something, they do call, but it's on the computer, which is easy to change. As for the maintenance, I just click DOWN to down the A/C and bring in the paper clipboard to maintenance for them to work on. It's really... pretty easy. Everything is on there, A/C history, student pilot and IP logbooks, billing, etc... While I can't even give you a ballpark figure, I do know that setting up the program is fairly expensive.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

CHAD