Short term leasing?

permison

Does anyone know of a leasing company that leases R22s for short term (less than 30 days)? I have a couple of for hire opportunities that have come up but not enough to cover a monthly lease. I am looking for an R22 for a couple of weekends over the spring and summer for commercial missions. Must be on the east coast.

Permison

Does anyone know of a leasing company that leases R22s for short term (less than 30 days)? I have a couple of for hire opportunities that have come up but not enough to cover a monthly lease. I am looking for an R22 for a couple of weekends over the spring and summer for commercial missions. Must be on the east coast.

Permison

I know of 4 firms, none will do less than 6 months, most are 1 year. Your best bet is to sub-let is from another school that is not as busy. Let them do all the maintenance, insurance ,etc. Should cost you about $150 hour...but good luck !

Goldy

You will probably not find such a short term lease, and if you do insurance will be an issue. Insurance is written on an annual basis, and if you cancel the policy during that time there will be a 10% penalty to do so. Also, if the insurance companie knows that this will be a short term policy they will typically state the 25-30% of the policy is fully earned. That means you are loking at nearly $4,500 of insurance premium for 30 days of coverage.

I saw one person suggest renting the helicopter from the flight school. This is also an insurance no-no. All insurance policies allow the flight school to rent the helicopter provide the renter is using the helicopter for his own pleasure or personal business. He can not charge for the use of the helicopter or for his time as a pilot. By doing this you would jeopardize the Flight School's insurance and your own liability.

The best way to skin it would be to talk with the flight school, and have them contract the work to you. All billing, and operational control would remain with the flight school. (they may need to standardize you to their SOPs prior to your operation)

You will probably not find such a short term lease, and if you do insurance will be an issue. Insurance is written on an annual basis, and if you cancel the policy during that time there will be a 10% penalty to do so. Also, if the insurance companie knows that this will be a short term policy they will typically state the 25-30% of the policy is fully earned. That means you are loking at nearly $4,500 of insurance premium for 30 days of coverage.

I saw one person suggest renting the helicopter from the flight school. This is also an insurance no-no. All insurance policies allow the flight school to rent the helicopter provide the renter is using the helicopter for his own pleasure or personal business. He can not charge for the use of the helicopter or for his time as a pilot. By doing this you would jeopardize the Flight School's insurance and your own liability.

The best way to skin it would be to talk with the flight school, and have them contract the work to you. All billing, and operational control would remain with the flight school. (they may need to standardize you to their SOPs prior to your operation)

Be real careful about farmouts. If it is a good deal for you, the operator you deal with may try to take it from you.