Red Bull Air Races

Hey hey guys!

Anyone going to the red bull air races this saturday/sunday in San Diego?

Well that just blows! I'm flying to LAX on the 5th. I could have flown in on the 3rd, driven down to SAN, and hit the races on the 4th. The fare change is too high now to justify billing it to my client :angry:

I already have my ticket for LAX. If I fly into SAN it would require re-booking the entire itinerary. Trust me... I looked at all possible options. I'll catch them in Detroit at the end of May.

At least I'll be able to scope out TOA and the Robinson factory in advance of my training trip in August.

I'm flying out on a red eye that leaves LAX at 12:35 Thursday morning. It would be nice to meet for a drink or two in the evening. My client is in Encino, so not enough time for lunch. If anyone else would like to jump on the bandwagon, we can set up a mini meet and greet.

I wanted to go but I forgot Bimmerfest is this weekend also. Bimmerfest is a big Bmw meet every year where thousands of people come together to show their cars off and also a long drive through the canynons and such, thats if anyone dosent know, Now you know. And its probably too late to buy tickets too. I dont know.

Any word on whether the helicopter will be putting on a demo? or is this strictly for the races...

I never looked to see, usually it is there...however it will be at Vertical Challenge 2008, check it out here: http://www.hiller.org/vc-copters.shtml

VC is a show you don't want to miss...

Goldy

Are you coming to the air races goldy!?! I owe you a drink!

I always take free drinks but I'm taking a wanna be helo pilot 17 year old up on his first trip in a helo on Saturday. Should be fun, I actually love it when its someone's first time in a ship. I took a 77 year old guy up a couple months ago for his birthday..he was a WWII pilot and had never been in a chopper....oops, I ramble. Nope, will not be going this time, but I am thinking of taking an R44 up to San Carlos in June...that would be a great CC.

Goldy