Low-time Jobs in Australia

TheLorax

Hello, has anyone worked for any cattle mustering companies in Australia? I'm curious of hiring minimums. Talked to someone recently and told me that ~230 hrs. in r-22 is a safe hiring minimum. Also, are there any companies websites I can check out?

thanks yous guys

Hello, has anyone worked for any cattle mustering companies in Australia? I'm curious of hiring minimums. Talked to someone recently and told me that ~230 hrs. in r-22 is a safe hiring minimum. Also, are there any companies websites I can check out?

thanks yous guys

From what I've heard, you need to get an Australian CPL, and a low level rating as well. Pose the question on www.pprune.org/forums free to sign up as well. Good luck. Cattle mustering is a very demanding job, very low level, out in the bush, hot, and dry. They call them jackaroos, which is the same for a cowboy who herds cattle or sheep.

Rob

Wanted:

Heli-muster pilot

200 hours total flight time

10,000 hours saddle time!

Now that you've spent 70K on flying, go buy a horse!

Looks like knowing how to control a herd is a prerequisite.

Let us know how that idea works out!

im from Texas, the only state that the United States is allowed to fly their flag at the same height.

Not another nut from Texas! Please do your research...

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/texasflag.asp

In a nutshell...Flag Codes are not law. They describe what is proper and how the flag should be displayed. The Gman isn't going to do anything if you fly the Texas A&M flag over an upside-down American flag which happens to be a bit lower than the Texas flag. Not this first time I've heard this from a Texan so they must teach this non-sense in their schools...

Have a great day :D

cooool, i didn't know flag codes weren't law. but your state's flag "isn't recommended" to be at the same height as our Flag of the United States.

"they describe what is proper and how the flag should be displayed"

-goromadgo

great. so it's proper that I fly my flag at the same height as our flag. but you shouldn't fly your flag at the same height as my flag or our flag. so please, do your research.

and please, stay on topic.

a wise man once said:

"F**K Y'ALL, I'm from Texas"

cooool, i didn't know flag codes weren't law. but your state's flag "isn't recommended" to be at the same height as our Flag of the United States.

"they describe what is proper and how the flag should be displayed"

-goromadgo

great. so it's proper that I fly my flag at the same height as our flag. but you shouldn't fly your flag at the same height as my flag or our flag. so please, do your research.

and please, stay on topic.

a wise man once said:

"F**K Y'ALL, I'm from Texas"

"im from Texas, the only state that the United States is allowed to fly their flag at the same height."

the lorax

Did the research...shot your statement full of holes and you come back with some non-sense without even knowing what state I'm from. Real mature. Was just pointing out the fact that what you said isn't true.

Texans need to get out more if they think their state is really all that and a big bag of BBQ chips.

Back on subject...

Has anyone done any flying Down Under? Would love to go to Australia some day, especially if it is to fly!

Edited by goromadgo

nice cover up. and i've been around. i was being sarcastic in the first place. and no, i haven't flown in Australia, i want toooO!OO!O!!!!

It's all good man. And no cover up...forgot to ask about Australia before I hit send...stupid slow Iraqi internet wouldn't let me stop it. Texas is ok with me for the record...just wanted to slow the internet's misinformation flow.

Does it take any additional ratings or anything to be able to fly in a different country if you get your license in the US? Say if I wanted to go to Australia, Europe, etc...

For europe you need a JAA conversion which I'm told can be expensive. But there's a loophole...

if you are flying an N registered aircraft (ex. N299CC) then you only need a "waiver" or some type of permission.

what I'm interested in is the Australian conversion needed (if any) and perhaps a price comparison with JAA?

You would have to convert your FAA to a CASA licence, which is a relatively simple matter of an Air law exam and a flight test. Then you need permission to work here.

Regarding cattle mustering, these days you will need to show that you either have extensive cattle experience (ie mustering on horseback/motorbikes) or have previous aerial mustering experience. This wasn't the case in days-gone-by when mustering used to be the way most aussie newbies got their first few hundred hours, its now more likely that your first gig will be flying tourists round the various scenic locations of Australia, in R44's or B206's.

There are plenty of unemployed Aussies over here, so don't expect to walk straight into a job.