Flight manual hosting

D-X, how would you keep your hosted/posted manuals up to date and current? Do you want to offer incorrect, out dated, unsafe information to so many pilots(new & others)? I guess you would purchase subscription services for every/all manuals that you host? The Manufacturers are not against anyone learning about their aircraft but they do live up to their responsibilities to have pilots learn/operate safely and correctly from current Manuals. You incur that same responsibility when you post the info! Do not knock the Manufacturers for recovering the cost of Publications. You would have pilots possibly pay with their lives. I know that was not your original intention. Mike

D-X, how would you keep your hosted/posted manuals up to date and current? Do you want to offer incorrect, out dated, unsafe information to so many pilots(new & others)? I guess you would purchase subscription services for every/all manuals that you host? The Manufacturers are not against anyone learning about their aircraft but they do live up to their responsibilities to have pilots learn/operate safely and correctly from current Manuals. You incur that same responsibility when you post the info! Do not knock the Manufacturers for recovering the cost of Publications. You would have pilots possibly pay with their lives. I know that was not your original intention. Mike

Do it wiki-style. with lots of disclaimers.

Do it wiki-style. with lots of disclaimers.

I would never use a wiki-style site for Flight Manuals. I personally take absolutely everything I read on wiki sites with a huge grain of salt. Because Wiki sites / pages rely on everyone to keep it accurate and up to date it all depends on how often it is frequented. If it is not frequented enough by folks that wish to contribute, false / inaccurate information can remain for a while.

I didn't mean let people edit the actual content, just submit the most recent sources. which could be perfectly safe.

example:

site A has manual B from 2007

search Amazon, pilot store, and/or the company that publishes it.

latest version is the 2007 your good to go.

or there is a new version for 2008. you know that the source on the site may contain outdated info. apply salt to taste.

I didn't mean let people edit the actual content, just submit the most recent sources. which could be perfectly safe.

example:

site A has manual B from 2007

search Amazon, pilot store, and/or the company that publishes it.

latest version is the 2007 your good to go.

or there is a new version for 2008. you know that the source on the site may contain outdated info. apply salt to taste.

That's actually a good idea, I like that one and would avoid any copyright issues.