Updating VR (Part 1)

Hello all,

First, I would like to take a sec to thank both the moderators and the visitors for making the VR Forums a great community!! Visitors from all walks come here looking for something, and as a group, we always deliver. As most of you know, I took over the reigns of VR from Rey at the end of last year. I vowed to him and to you that I would not change a thing as far as the VR Forums are concerned and I will keep that promise.

I did indicate that I wanted to make several changes to the site with the following goals in mind:

A. Freshen the look a little bit.

B. Simplify the navigation.

C. Cut out redundancies

D. Get most of the site on one technology platform. Presently there are approx 8 different applications all patch worked together. Each with different username/passwords and management dashboards. Very confusing and labor intensive.

E. Provide content and services that are benificial to all who visit the site whether a newbie, enthusiast, pilot., mechanic, crewmember, or a business owner.

This post is the first of several that are designed to keep you – our valued visitors - up to date on some of the upcoming changes that will be occuring with the site. If all works well, we will be launching the newly refreshed VR within 10 – 14 days.

I would like to reiterate that this forum is really the heart and character of VR…..and this FORUM (including blogs and chat) will not change at all. I may merge a couple small topics and add a couple new sub forums, but those changes will be minor and hopefully add value.

In future posts, I will lay out some specific changes to the site that you can expect to see, as well as some new products/features that you can expect to see in the online helicopter community. As always, feedback is encouraged and valued.

Lyn- you have been true to your word, and I know we all appreciate you keeping this site well moderated.

Now, if you happen to want a suggestion on some forum titles, I would love to see some geographic regional type forums...One for So Cal would be my first choice so we could share those events pertinent to that area...if you chopped up the US into 8 or 10 regional areas and had a forum for each I think it would help those pilots in that region do more get togethers and share experiences.

Thanks again for all you do,

Goldy

VERY much agreed with Goldy on that one! i used to be an avid motorcycle stunt rider and there was a forum i would go under called "regional rider meetup" when you clicked on that topic it would open up more "sub-topics" and every state was listed! VERY COOL. and it was an awesome way to network with other riders, meet up for events and just get to know ppl. why not go with a "regional pilot meetup" section? each state has its own little room where ppl can post events, and just general info.

Here is the website if you wanna have a look . . Regional Rider meetup

VERY much agreed with Goldy on that one! i used to be an avid motorcycle stunt rider and there was a forum i would go under called "regional rider meetup" when you clicked on that topic it would open up more "sub-topics" and every state was listed! VERY COOL. and it was an awesome way to network with other riders, meet up for events and just get to know ppl. why not go with a "regional pilot meetup" section? each state has its own little room where ppl can post events, and just general info.

Here is the website if you wanna have a look . . Regional Rider meetup

Thanks for the kind words from both of you. That is a suggestion that would not be difficult to accomodate. I will give it some very serious consideration.

There were some issues with getting photos uploaded to the gallery for some users (myself included). I haven't tried lately, but if that's still an issue it would be a good one to resolve.

If it's already fixed then ignore this. I'm at work and haven't had an opportunity to try to upload something again since the last time. However, if it's still broken that would be a good item to resolve as part of the upgrades/changes.

I enjoy really enjoy the forums and the blog area and appreciate your time and effort in keeping things going smoothly.

Thanks,

Kelly

There were some issues with getting photos uploaded to the gallery for some users (myself included). I haven't tried lately, but if that's still an issue it would be a good one to resolve.

If it's already fixed then ignore this. I'm at work and haven't had an opportunity to try to upload something again since the last time. However, if it's still broken that would be a good item to resolve as part of the upgrades/changes.

I enjoy really enjoy the forums and the blog area and appreciate your time and effort in keeping things going smoothly.

Thanks,

Kelly

I agree with Kelly on the upload issue, I've not been able to up load pics for over a year. there was an up grade that Rey did that severed my ability to do that.