Instrument Advice

I am getting instrument lessons together in prep for my CFII checkride, and I'm looking for proof-readers. I want to know if I'm being comprehensive enough, answering the kinds of questions you should have as a beginner instrument student, or if there are subjects I need to go more in-depth on.

So...if you're a professional or a CFII with some time on your hands, or if you're an instrument student looking for more info or another perspective, PM me and I'll send you a lesson to look over. I appreciate any and all input (just keep it constructive, eh?) If you're in the same spot as me and want to use my material, I don't mind a bit (it's all taken from FAA publications and Jepp anyway). The thing is, I don't have a primary CFI teaching me, and no one seems to have either the time or the will to help. But I figure there's enough accumulated knowledge here to fill volumes, and maybe some of you will have the time to help a rookie? They're in outline format and (I think) readable by just about anyone.

I have the lessons specified in the CFII PTS:

Instrument Proficiency Checks

Flight Instruments (pitot-static system, gyros, etc. including navigation by instruments)

Radio Aids to Navigation (VORs, NDBs, GPS, DME, etc)

Aeromedical Factors

Regs and Publications Related to IFR Operations (charts, IAP plates particularly)

Logbook Entries Related to Instrument Instruction

Weather Info

IFR Cross-Country Flight Planning

Attitude Flying and Maneuvers

ATC Clearances and Procedures

Holding Procedures

Precision and Non-Precision Instrument Approaches

Lost Comms

Lost Gyro Attitude and/or Heading Indicator

Plus...

Quick reference handouts of checklists, hold entries, minimums

It would really help me out to have another set of eyes on these. I can only see what I see, and I'm loath to go into a checkride without any help on this. Who wants to fail before they ever get in the helicopter? And beyond that, I want to give good instruction, not just my version of IFR.

by all means please send me all info you have! ide be entirely grateful! i envy the fact that your that much ahead of me, you must wake up everyday feeling like maverick! PM me with all details and downloads, thanks for posting this awesome info eh!

[

It would really help me out to have another set of eyes on these. I can only see what I see, and I'm loath to go into a checkride without any help on this. Who wants to fail before they ever get in the helicopter? And beyond that, I want to give good instruction, not just my version of IFR.

I would like to see what you have been working on. I will pm you with any recommendations or questions I have about your material.

Edited by K-38

I am getting instrument lessons together in prep for my CFII checkride, and I'm looking for proof-readers. I want to know if I'm being comprehensive enough, answering the kinds of questions you should have as a beginner instrument student, or if there are subjects I need to go more in-depth on.

So...if you're a professional or a CFII with some time on your hands, or if you're an instrument student looking for more info or another perspective, PM me and I'll send you a lesson to look over. I appreciate any and all input (just keep it constructive, eh?) If you're in the same spot as me and want to use my material, I don't mind a bit (it's all taken from FAA publications and Jepp anyway). The thing is, I don't have a primary CFI teaching me, and no one seems to have either the time or the will to help. But I figure there's enough accumulated knowledge here to fill volumes, and maybe some of you will have the time to help a rookie? They're in outline format and (I think) readable by just about anyone.

I have the lessons specified in the CFII PTS:

Instrument Proficiency Checks

Flight Instruments (pitot-static system, gyros, etc. including navigation by instruments)

Radio Aids to Navigation (VORs, NDBs, GPS, DME, etc)

Aeromedical Factors

Regs and Publications Related to IFR Operations (charts, IAP plates particularly)

Logbook Entries Related to Instrument Instruction

Weather Info

IFR Cross-Country Flight Planning

Attitude Flying and Maneuvers

ATC Clearances and Procedures

Holding Procedures

Precision and Non-Precision Instrument Approaches

Lost Comms

Lost Gyro Attitude and/or Heading Indicator

Plus...

Quick reference handouts of checklists, hold entries, minimums

I am a new CFII, so i cant claim to be an expert really, but I would love to assist if you need it. I would be happy to review your material. Send me a PM anytime!