• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sawshej

sawshej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 23:20

Hello everybody. If you're a veteran or active duty, thank you for your service. I am dead set on becoming an army aviator(preferably AH-64) but I can't be sure its possible because of my medical history. I was diagnosed with asthma when I was a child. I didnt receive any treatment for it other than inhaler prescriptions up until I was 11 or 12. It was never severe just a little harder to breathe than normal when I played soccer in the cold. I got another prescription for an inhaler when I was 15 because my mom wanted it just for a sense of security. Do you guys think its possible to receive a waiver for this?

Thank you so much!

#2 JH11B

JH11B

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. Army

Posted 01 April 2019 - 13:07

Hello everybody. If you're a veteran or active duty, thank you for your service. I am dead set on becoming an army aviator(preferably AH-64) but I can't be sure its possible because of my medical history. I was diagnosed with asthma when I was a child. I didnt receive any treatment for it other than inhaler prescriptions up until I was 11 or 12. It was never severe just a little harder to breathe than normal when I played soccer in the cold. I got another prescription for an inhaler when I was 15 because my mom wanted it just for a sense of security. Do you guys think its possible to receive a waiver for this?

Thank you so much!

Possible yes, likely no. Look up the DODI for MEPS physicals (standards of medical fitness maybe), review the aero medical policy regarding prior asthma diagnosis. Hunt down all the medical records that pertain to the treatment as well.
  • sawshej likes this

#3 sawshej

sawshej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 14:30

https://community.ap...ocuments/184254

After reading this ^, looks like I should be all good. Only thing that has the potential to be a problem is the inhaler I got when I was 15. But all there is now to do is see a recruiter. Thank you JH11B  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WOFT, WOCS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FreeFlight_Home200PrecisionVRForumHome200Guidance Home 200BLR 200LakeSuperior200MaunaLoaVRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200Spectrum_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR Home