Childhood Asthma and WOFT

Hello everybody. If you're a veteran or active duty, thank you for your service. I am dead set on becoming an army aviator(preferably AH-64) but I can't be sure its possible because of my medical history. I was diagnosed with asthma when I was a child. I didnt receive any treatment for it other than inhaler prescriptions up until I was 11 or 12. It was never severe just a little harder to breathe than normal when I played soccer in the cold. I got another prescription for an inhaler when I was 15 because my mom wanted it just for a sense of security. Do you guys think its possible to receive a waiver for this?

Thank you so much!

Hello everybody. If you're a veteran or active duty, thank you for your service. I am dead set on becoming an army aviator(preferably AH-64) but I can't be sure its possible because of my medical history. I was diagnosed with asthma when I was a child. I didnt receive any treatment for it other than inhaler prescriptions up until I was 11 or 12. It was never severe just a little harder to breathe than normal when I played soccer in the cold. I got another prescription for an inhaler when I was 15 because my mom wanted it just for a sense of security. Do you guys think its possible to receive a waiver for this?

Thank you so much!

Possible yes, likely no. Look up the DODI for MEPS physicals (standards of medical fitness maybe), review the aero medical policy regarding prior asthma diagnosis. Hunt down all the medical records that pertain to the treatment as well.

• Like 1