Cell phones

captkirkyota

Onshore, there is decent coverage. Offshore, there is spotty coverage, and if you use it, you will be charged international roaming fees.

I've read where you've said that before, I was wondering since it's been a while since you were down there if things were different. I hope they have gotten better.

It seems to me that if , say AT&T, because of all the cool pilot stuff avail on the iPhone, would get in touch with a couple companies and got exclusives to a few not so often used, or even used everyday, platforms and put a few cell towers out there and then promo'd that to pilots they could get a lot of new customers from both pilots and oil patch workers.

Has anyone seen this yet? Make sure to watch the demo videos of pulling up WX AFD stuff, AP diagrams, locating AP's,FBO stuff....... Very cool......

http://foreflightllc.cmail2.com/l/460644/qpit111/r

P.S. thanks for seeing the HUMOR as I intended it G.P.

ATT/Cingular works just about everywhere i've been lately. They're the only ones as far as I

know. About 70 cents a minute.

cool, did you get the P.M. I sent re: something else? Check yo box mang!

• 4 weeks later...

This is a late reply to this one.. but.....

I am just a CFII right now, no GOM flying experience, but plenty of GOM Tuna fishing experience :D

On a trip last winter, I was getting excellent coverage with ATT up to about 50 miles offhshore. Not sure how far it would have extended. Cant say I know the name of the platform that sits adjacent to the spot we fish there in the winter... 28.63° N 89.56° W mmmmm...... sashimi.....

Has anyone seen this yet? Make sure to watch the demo videos of pulling up WX AFD stuff, AP diagrams, locating AP's,FBO stuff....... Very cool......

http://foreflightllc.cmail2.com/l/460644/qpit111/r[/quote

Just had a quick look at that site. Looks like a nifty little program!! I might just have to invest in an iphone soon after all!!

http://foreflightllc.cmail2.com/l/460644/qpit111/r

Just had a quick look at that site. Looks like a nifty little program!! I might just have to invest in an iphone soon after all!!

whoa :o

that does look like a nifty program :o :)