Backwards?

I'm now into my fifth hour of flight training and so far I'm loving it. That being said I'm having trouble getting the left pedal goes left right pedal goes right thing. for some reason every time I start to relax and stop focusing on my feet my brain goes backwards. I'm currently blaming my ski muscle memory. I know there is no way to beat it except to keep at it and five hours isn't any time at all but it's weird how it's the thing that is tripping me up the most at this point.

Did anybody else have something that was "backwards" when they where learning? Or now?

i deffinatly have this problem. also i have the tendancy to press so hard on both pedals at the same time my feet fall asleep. i have 10 hours and i just keep truckin along ill get it eventually.

Something for me to look forward to I guess.

as a separate question how often do you fly and for how long? I'm trying to figure out an optimum balance.

Something for me to look forward to I guess.

as a separate question how often do you fly and for how long? I'm trying to figure out an optimum balance.

That will go away eventually. I had the same problem in the beginning and it finally went away. Now I just step on the tail. Never had to do much with the pedals while flying airplanes.

If it helps, I fly roughly 2-3 times a week at around 1.5hrs or less per session.

Just to keep the ball centered. :D

Don't remind me. I just started Instrument today. It's a blast, but I already dislike that ball.

You know, I had the same problem early on in PPL. My feet would tense up, and I'd pretty nearly lock the pedals. My solution was to buy some shoes with very thin soles. Look at skechers and brands like that. Maybe some Chuck Taylors. Get something that will hurt you if you press too hard. It'll also help with fine trim adjustments, as well. Once you've got the muscle memory down, move back to other shoes if you want. I still fly with mine about half the time just because.

Don't remind me. I just started Instrument today. It's a blast, but I already dislike that ball.

You know, I had the same problem early on in PPL. My feet would tense up, and I'd pretty nearly lock the pedals. My solution was to buy some shoes with very thin soles. Look at skechers and brands like that. Maybe some Chuck Taylors. Get something that will hurt you if you press too hard. It'll also help with fine trim adjustments, as well. Once you've got the muscle memory down, move back to other shoes if you want. I still fly with mine about half the time just because.

Now that you mention it, I realize I got much better with relaxing my feet when I started wearing my favorite loafers instead of my boots.

Hm.

Kinda goes against my old rule of "never fly in anything you wouldn't want to hike in" but I guess I can get back to that before too long.