Cranberry Lifting

Ross85

Wow that's a big fuel truck haha. There is a heck of a lot of open space there, it looks beautiful. I will be posting a video of my boss doing the cranberry lifting in a couple days. A random guy came to the bog the other day and just happened to have a video camera in his car. He shot some video for about an hour. Should be pretty cool.

Edited by Ross85

The size is dictated by the needs of the orchard really, that hole is just a big bucket for frost, so nothing gets planted there. We can easily fit the UH1-B and the 206B in there when we're working. We didn't even drain one of the 4 tanks of that truck this year. Guess I'll just have to fly more. ;)

The size is dictated by the needs of the orchard really, that hole is just a big bucket for frost, so nothing gets planted there.

What do you mean by a big bucket for frost?

Edited by Ross85

Cold air sinks, so those big holes tend to trap and hold the coldest air and will frost out the fruit. If you were to fly over the orchards, you'd notice the wind machines are all sitting inside depressions in the field. They try to pull warm out down into those depressions and even out the temperature.