Photos, i can't get them to post???

Help!

when i start a new topic the page says "attachment system ready" but above that it says "attachment space used 39.25MB of 39.06MB??? Since i have not uploaded a file yet why does it say that and then refuse my photo?

thanks for your help!

dp

then when i do try to load a photo, one that i have loaded before, it says

"X Upload failed. The file was larger than available space".

It's the way the innerwebs work... the software can't check the size of your uploaded file until the file is actually uploaded to the server.

Also, it would seem the forum software guys forgot to check that available space > 0 before even attempting Step 1 :D

Help!

when i start a new topic the page says "attachment system ready" but above that it says "attachment space used 39.25MB of 39.06MB??? Since i have not uploaded a file yet why does it say that and then refuse my photo?

thanks for your help!

dp

then when i do try to load a photo, one that i have loaded before, it says

"X Upload failed. The file was larger than available space".

goto "My Controls" then goto "manage your attachments" and delete some or all of your up loads, you should then be able to post pics again.

Edited by 67november

goto "My Controls" then goto "manage your attachments" and delete some or all of your up loads, you should then be able to post pics again.

I had the same problem and didnt know until just now what was going on! Cleaning up your old pics actually works !

Thanks for the tip 67..

Goldy

thanks guys.. will get to that tomorrow!!

aloha,

dp

Well, i went and cleaned up my stuff.. i was surprised at how many photos were in my attachment file!! (and how much my photos have changed over the past year!!).

it wasn't hard at all to delete the old stuff.. and is necessary if any of you have posted a bunch of photos over time.. :-)

Thanks to admin for allowing us to have this great site....

aloha,

dp