Close to home

Looks like it came down hard on its left side. How they can possibly determine who was flying it so early in the investigation is beyond me. Either way, a real tragedy. Prayers to the family of both individuals, and lets hope that Justin pulls thru.

Goldy

Any clue how Justin is doing flyn?

Supposedly he was walking around after the crash. Definitely due to shock for sure. It's obvious the brunt of the impact was on the left side and appears that Mark may have gotten thrown out. Not sure who was flying but both are considered well rounded pilots.

I did a cross country flight in that 500 just this last summer! Justin is a great guy who is really into flying helicopters. Justin is a smart guy, and a good pilot who is always wanting to learn more about flying. I have a bunch of pictures of his ship but don't feel right posting them right now.

I hope he comes out of this OK

My thoughts and prayers go out to Mark and his family.

Edited by highaltrotor

Prayers are with both familys, Hope Justin recovers soon. I met him a few years ago, nice guy,great pilot. you can see some clips of him flying on youtube.

he posts on the rotarywing forum some and has give a few student pilots lots of great tips and is full of useful info.

I really hated to hear of his crash,glad he is still with us to hopefully fly another day.

hope someone closer to him let keep us updated on his condition.

Just an Update there is more footage on this link now. http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=9715112

I am suprised Justin came out of it alive. has anyone heard how he is doing?

I copied this entry from another forum:

Justin's brain has already healed to the point that he can remember present events and back several days now. He has no memory of even flying that day.

We need to all encourage Justin, and in fact all of us, to focus on the fact that we are alive and have our wifes and kids and even our friends to enjoy for the rest of our lives. Each day we need to focus on those we love and the wonderful gift we have of coming home to a loving family and friends. This process will not be easy but a few years from now the dust will have settled and this event will be like mine, a distant memory that helps to shape present and future decisions and actions.

Justin is thankful for the prayers and support that he has felt and received from the ROG community and many others. When you are down it is comforting to know that there are many willing to reach out and help pull you back up onto your feet. Justin once again expressed his sincere thanks to all.

Justin, we are anxiously looking forward to your full recovery. We love ya Man!

Xavier: Justin, I wish you also a good and fast recovery! You were on the 'alive' side of the helicopter and you have a lovely wife and son waiting for you!

thats link did not work for me, can you copy and paste the report?