Theft in San Diego....

So i was visiting down in San Diego last week and i borrowed my grandma's car. Long story short her car got stolen friday night and guess what was inside? well along with my garmin gps and digital camera was my David Clark H10-60's!! Needless to say i was/am furious and as a very poor unemployed CFII i have no money to replace them and the insurance doesnt cover "personal items." So is there any of you out there that may have a spare set for a very decent price or know of any sales or places to get used head seats for cheap? I kinda need one and dont have another $300-$400 to drop on one. Any offers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So i was visiting down in San Diego last week and i borrowed my grandma's car. Long story short her car got stolen friday night and guess what was inside? well along with my garmin gps and digital camera was my David Clark H10-60's!! Needless to say i was/am furious and as a very poor unemployed CFII i have no money to replace them and the insurance doesnt cover "personal items." So is there any of you out there that may have a spare set for a very decent price or know of any sales or places to get used head seats for cheap? I kinda need one and dont have another $300-$400 to drop on one. Any offers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ebay had some Avcomms for sale in the $50 range.....

Sorry to hear about that! I had the same thing happen to me and lost my headset, log books ect.

Do you happen to have home owners or renters insurance? If so, that should cover those valuables. That was something I learned and wish I had at the time.

JD

Sorry to hear about that! I had the same thing happen to me and lost my headset, log books ect.

Do you happen to have home owners or renters insurance? If so, that should cover those valuables. That was something I learned and wish I had at the time.

JD

Unfortunatley i have no insurance of any kind, just not in the old budget right now! But thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...

How much would I give for the first commercial job... hmm... right nut... no left nut