Off-shore blues

helipilot84

Just a quick question to any one who might know. How is the hiring in the GOM? I know of a couple of high time CFIIs who had secured a spot with Air Log but a few weeks before they were to show up for training they were told to basically go somewhere else for a job. Now I know that they increased the hours for qualification, and layed off some people as well. But this is all old info to me, and I havent heard anything different. So, has the situation improved down there? Thanks for reading this post and fly safe!

helipilot84, I'm in the same position as those other CFIIs, just with a different company. The bad thing is I had already quit my other job and my company had already hired a replacement so I've been out of work since Feb. Last I checked nothing had changed. The only thing i've seen is PHI has an posting on JSFIRM, but there requirments are a little higher.

I've been trying to get on with either PHI or RLC for the last two months and haven't had any luck yet. I've got just a little over 1200hrs tt (about 200 turbine) and what I've heard from PHI is that the contracts they are hiring for require 1500. If you've got that I'm pretty sure you could get on with them. As far as RLC goes I really don't know anything. Airlog just had a layoff a few months ago and as far as I know isn't hiring at all.

Anybody else have better information or ideas on how to get in the door please feel free to speak up.