Screaming Mimi and a few others

Goldy

post-2917-1268532753_thumb.jpgpost-2917-1268532767_thumb.jpgSo, I go over to do a preflight on the 44 at WHP and who is parked behind me? None other than the S-58T Screaming Mimi...I love seeing that ship!

Quick flight today in Camarillo, just as I get out of my car a Bell 47 takes off overhead, as I'm preflighting yhe 44, a 300 comes over my head just as a 206 is getting ready for take off. The thump thump I hear tells me that Ventura Co FD Huey is about to be airborne. I figure what the heck else can I see in a 15 minute window?

Just then, SCE's new EC 145 shows up for lunch...damn, gotta love it out here.

Sorry, I only had my blackberry phone camera...

post-2917-1268532644_thumb.jpg

Goldy

Edited by Goldy
  • Like 1

Lucky man. I was fortunate enough to be able to travel to L.A. back in September. I had a great time. Its crazy because you see the sights on T.V. all the time growing up, but when you actually get to see it in person its on a whole different level. Its a completely different lifestyle than back here on the east coast. I plan on moving out there after training to get a job in whatever field will take me (fingers crossed). :)

Sorry for going off on a tangent :D Those are some sweet pics.

Hah. After growing up there, I can only take LA in short bits. Too much time spent in traffic and i loose it.

Lucky man. I was fortunate enough to be able to travel to L.A. back in September. I had a great time. Its crazy because you see the sights on T.V. all the time growing up, but when you actually get to see it in person its on a whole different level. Its a completely different lifestyle than back here on the east coast. I plan on moving out there after training to get a job in whatever field will take me (fingers crossed). :)

Sorry for going off on a tangent :D Those are some sweet pics.

Hey Goldy great pics and sounds like a nice day at the airport.. One slight correction though. That SCE helicopter is an EC135, not an EC145. The fenestron is the give away.

Hey Goldy great pics and sounds like a nice day at the airport.. One slight correction though. That SCE helicopter is an EC135, not an EC145. The fenestron is the give away.

Thats funny cause I was driving to a friends tonight and I thought....did I say that was a 145? Too funny...I'm gonna leave it anyway, see who else notices. I usually remember the difference cause the 145 kinda grew out of the BK117...which also has that high tail rotor..

It is one beautiful ship.

Saw a mom and baby whale today off Malibu....less than 15 feet from shore! Never seen them that close before. Just another day in LA !

Edited by Goldy

Saw a mom and baby whale today off Malibu....less than 15 feet from shore! Never seen them that close before. Just another day in LA !

I love it when you see the whales bottomed out just beyond the surfline and there are surfers sitting on their boards right over top, completely unaware. Great place to live and fly!

• 3 years later...

Had to resurrect this old post as I found myself in the cockpit of the Screaming Mimi this past weekend. Cruising right along at 110 knots, it definitely didn't fly the way I thought it would! What a fricking machine!

Edited by Goldy

You feel like trady lives for a while there Goldy? haha

One day...

Not sure you would want the hours he has when the pager goes off for a mountain rescue.

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-