Los Angeles Photographer

Anndoheb

Hi, I'm a LA photographer, (actually right next to the Van Nuys airport) and I'm looking for free rides to shoot aerial shots. I would be happy to share shots and photograph you and your helicopter! My name is Miriam and my phone number is 818-996-6456/cell - 818-404-1641. Thanks!

Trans Lift:

According to the website, her boxing photographs are selling for:

8x10's start at $300

15" canvas' of M.I.T. series are $1,000

30" canvas' are $2,000

I'd imagine there would be sales made from the shots taken from a heli. Would have been far better to cut the pilot / heli owner in on part of the deal.

That is why I was asking. Not a chance in hell I would give you a free flight if you are making that kind of money from your pictures.

You should be cutting the pilot/heli owner in on the deal. Kind of cheeky, especially in this economy, to be asking for free rides in a machine that potentially costs a lot of money to run on the owners expense and make money from it!

You know they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words... but is a picture really worth

$1-$2,000.00 What makes it worth that much... really?? Those prices on the website maybe the asking price but are they actually selling?

It shouldn't matter if they sell or not. She comes on here and asks for a free ride to take photos that she more than likely intends to profit from. It takes a lot of nerve to do something like that. There are a lot of deserving people who could use a free ride, not someone feeling userous....

You know they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words... but is a picture really worth

$1-$2,000.00 What makes it worth that much... really?? Those prices on the website maybe the asking price but are they actually selling?

Hi, I'm a college student/pilot, (actually 40 minutes from any decent airport (srry IGX)) and I'm looking for free stick time. I would be happy to share beer afterward and photograph you and your helicopter! Thanks! :rolleyes:

...seriously though.

Helicopter pilots love to fly. We would love to fly for free. As a photographer you provide a special reason to fly. This has important side effect to creating value to the pilot skill. Your request is welcome despite a bit of jealousy. You are right to make the request and the burden of response is on us.

I am new to helicopters. When I take anyone with a camera, the controls are removed. Helicopter photography is a bit dangerous. It is easy to bump the controls, or lose some equipment into the tail rotor, or distract the pilot causing a risky situation. There are special needs to fly sideways to give a clear shot. All distractions present another task that might help overload the pilot.

As a photographer you should realize that helicopter flight is dangerous. One of those photo missions might last a lifetime.