Hiller 12C

I'm looking for the good, the bad, and the ugly on the Hiller 12B and Hiller 12C. Is there a lot of differences from the Hiller 12E other than the 12E being the work horse. I know a little about the 12E but nothing on the other models. What is the parts availability like? Is $89,000.00 a good price for a low time (less than 5,000hrs) completely rebuilt from the ground up with wood blades Hiller 12C. I'm asking in reference to using it for light utility work, photo flights and maybe some flight instruction. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Steve

I'm looking for the good, the bad, and the ugly on the Hiller 12B and Hiller 12C. Is there a lot of differences from the Hiller 12E other than the 12E being the work horse. I know a little about the 12E but nothing on the other models. What is the parts availability like? Is $89,000.00 a good price for a low time (less than 5,000hrs) completely rebuilt from the ground up with wood blades Hiller 12C. I'm asking in reference to using it for light utility work, photo flights and maybe some flight instruction. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Steve

I have a C model (for sale btw) and they are a lot different then the E's. The E's have a Lyco 540, metal blades (hard to find), different tail rotor, many finite/timed parts. The C's have Franklins, wood blades (no TBO) and not many parts have a time life. Parts aren't bad to get, there's a few guys in the states and one place in Canada with parts. Tail booms are really hard to get. I haven't had much trouble getting parts, but also haven't had to get many either. I know the ship for $89k and it seems like a good one, I know who built it and he knows what he's doing, but others could be had for much cheaper these days...

Thanks for the information. I will pass it on to my business partner. Could you send me some pictures with details and selling price to my business email: ringoldaviation@yahoo.com

Thanks that would be great.

Steve