I'm really wanting to do the WOFT packet, but I would like to wait until I finish out a bachelors degree in college before I make the move. I'm 18 right now and will be 22 when I graduate.. but I figured it would be a great time to get in a little more flight time, boost my resume, and take some tests/pass the physicals needed for flying.

I just am wondering if waiting will hurt me? Will it be any more difficult if I do it now than if I do it a few years down the road?

I'm really wanting to do the WOFT packet, but I would like to wait until I finish out a bachelors degree in college before I make the move. I'm 18 right now and will be 22 when I graduate.. but I figured it would be a great time to get in a little more flight time, boost my resume, and take some tests/pass the physicals needed for flying.

I just am wondering if waiting will hurt me? Will it be any more difficult if I do it now than if I do it a few years down the road?

Just my personal opinion:

If you are waiting because you are worried you are not competitive enough right now to get in, that's a poor reason. You won't get in now if you don't apply. There is always a chance, however small. If, on the other hand, you are waiting because YOU honestly feel you would benefit from a degree, etc, then that is your decision and many would say it is a good one. However, it is an entirely personal decision. Yeah, your packet may be "stronger" in a few years when you have a degree in hand, flight time, and a "better" resume, but if you have a shot at getting in now, why wait? UNLESS, like I said, you want that degree for yourself, and not to be more competitive for the Army.

I said this before, and I'll say it again: It is only impossible if you do not try.

Think on it for awhile, and feel free to bounce more ideas/thoughts off us.

//Lindsey

Yes, the degree is my own personal desire. I just don't want it to hurt me by waiting. My thoughts with it are the younger the better, but I assume this may not be the case when being accepted or that it's 50/50, regardless of age.

Edited by eaw913

Yes, the degree is my own personal desire. I just don't want it to hurt me by waiting. My thoughts with it are the younger the better, but I assume this may not be the case when being accepted or that it's 50/50, regardless of age.

If you want a degree go get it. Don't worry about age, as long as you're under the limit they don't care how old you are.

I'm 25 and I was selected. Being 18, 22, 26 or any age in between is not going to have nearly as much of an impact as your PT scores, test scores, letters of recommendation, and all the other pieces in the application process.

There is no black or white selection criteria (unless it is a medical or criminal DQ issue). It is a whole person concept.