Hang Gliding

I know you guys and gals enjoy flying like me. Ever thought about hang gliding? I have. What kept me from doing it in the past is my fear of heights. So I went hang gliding,not off a cliff,but sand dunes at Kitty Hawk NC. It felt good to confront my fears even if I only got at the most 20 feet off the ground and only flew 50 or 75 yards. I have been a helo. pilot for a long time but,this was the thrill of my life,took my family,they loved it to. Honestly for me it was like autos times ten,that much fun!

Who has not dreamed about flying like a bird right?

Anyone else hang gliding?

Look out Spraypilot! Going from 20' to 200' or even 1000' is much easier than going from 0 to 20. And the takeoff and landing are not even the best parts. Just wait until you start mountain launches where you can take a sled run for 10 minutes or soar for as long as you want. Heck, just learning to do two small turns off the training hill will be a blast.

Flying a HG is like being a bird. Enjoy :)

I know you guys and gals enjoy flying like me. Ever thought about hang gliding? I have. What kept me from doing it in the past is my fear of heights. So I went hang gliding,not off a cliff,but sand dunes at Kitty Hawk NC. It felt good to confront my fears even if I only got at the most 20 feet off the ground and only flew 50 or 75 yards. I have been a helo. pilot for a long time but,this was the thrill of my life,took my family,they loved it to. Honestly for me it was like autos times ten,that much fun!

Who has not dreamed about flying like a bird right?

Anyone else hang gliding?

I have been flying Hang gliders since 1978 but I stopped when I started flying Helicopters. I couldn't stay current in everything so something had to go...sold my paraglider and hang gliders.

My last flight in the hang glider was from Mingus mountain above the Cottonwood airport near Prescott AZ and landed at Grand Canyon Valle airport over 5 hours later. 66 miles and thermaled to over 13000 feet in a t-shirt, got kind of chilly but was a lot of fun.

Jerry B)

IFLYEVERYTHING tells it right...it's awesome. What a flight you had around Prescott too!

I learned how to in college...then dropped it. Want to take it up again. Been paragliding, skydiving (this will cure any fear of heights)...and hang gliding is more fun than any of those, at least that's my opinion.

One thing too...is you have to keep an eye for those guys while flying up and down the coast or mountain areas. Just a reminder.