AFAST Study Guide

I've been preparing for the AFAST and picked up a copy of Barron's Military Flight Aptitude Tests. I've been trying to get my time down on the complex movements tests which is going good. But when I moved on to the cyclic orientation test I got a bunch wrong. I have a good amount of time in Robbie's and schweitzer's. I didn't think it was possible to know how to fly and get those wrong. Well, as it turns out a lot of other people have been complaining online about the Barron books being wrong. Are there any other AFAST related books that anyone has some experience with....that actually have the correct answers in them?

Edited by rottenrobbie

DO NOT USE THE BARRON'S STUDY GUIDE. I say this for precisely the reason you are posting your question. MANY of the answers for cyclic orientation are dead wrong, confirmed by many. The guide you want to use is ARCO's, and guess what? It is free online.

Here's the link:

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/download/militaryflight.pdf

Enjoy. Good luck on your AFAST.

Hah! I found that right before you posted. Good info for anyone else though. I'm taking the ARCO practice right now. Thanks.

DO NOT USE THE BARRON'S STUDY GUIDE. I say this for precisely the reason you are posting your question. MANY of the answers for cyclic orientation are dead wrong, confirmed by many. The guide you want to use is ARCO's, and guess what? It is free online.

Here's the link:

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/download/militaryflight.pdf

Enjoy. Good luck on your AFAST.

Remember that you only have two chances to take this test. If you pass the test the first time, that is the score you are stuck with. So it is imperative that you do the best you can the first time around! Especially if you plan to go street to seat.

I agree with the ARCO study guide however, the guide I used a few years back was a multi-branch study guide so knowing what to study is highly recommended.

Good Luck! RK

When I took the AFAST back in August of last year, the only inaccuracy that I noted from the study guide was that the cyclic orientation was not only wrong but the pictures are just horrible! The actual AFAST questions are, in my opinion, easier and the pictured are better than the study guide. That was the one section that I was worried about and I had flight time in both trainers as well... best of luck, the hardest part for me, what I studied for was the time crunch, I skipped A LOT of questions when I took it, only because of the time issues. Its cake, youll do fine....