Hey folks,

Well it's official. I passed my private yesterday. I battled with nerves a bit, but won out and flew to the best of my ability (or nearly so). The oral exam whizzed by - all that studying seemed to pay off! The DPE did give me a run for my money, asking detailed questions about the sectional that I struggled with a bit, but a quick look at the legend got me back on track. At least now I won't forget the stuff he stumped me on!

The flying was great. There was quite a bit of traffic on the airport (Lawrence Municipal in MA), but I felt comfy on the radio and figured things out okay. We did two autos, a straight-in and a 180, and I felt both were great. A confined landing, some hover practice, and a running landing later, and all that was left was paperwork.

It feels fantastic! Now on to instrument, commercial, CFI, CFII...

Congrats! I just passed mine on saturday! Sounds very similar to how mine went (minus the traffic, not crowded at all really for me). I didn't realize how long the oral portion was until we were done, but it definitely didn't feel like it when I was getting grilled! Onward and upward for both of us from here!

Thanks everyone! How dull real life seems after becoming licensed... all I want to do is fly fly fly.

Thanks ChprPlt - it was indeed Don C. He was great. He takes his position very seriously, but we talked shop for a while and it's obvious that he loves flying and helos, which put me at ease. He told me he does instrument checkrides too, so I'll opt for him when the time comes!

Now I get to sit and wait, twiddling my thumbs until Friday, when I take the fiancee for a spin :)

Now I get to sit and wait, twiddling my thumbs until Friday, when I take the fiancee for a spin :)

We know you are really going to break your friend out of jail and then commit suicide like all new private pilots.

At least that is what some believes you will do.

Have fun and fly safe.

• Like 1

We know you are really going to break your friend out of jail and then commit suicide like all new private pilots.

At least that is what some believes you will do.

Have fun and fly safe.

HAHA

I remember that argument on here about why a school wouldn't rent to a PPL. Willing to sign them off to fly their own or someone elses aircraft but not the school that certified them to do it... Something aint right about that! :huh:

Other than the part where the jackwagon killed both of them, I would have to say it was quite an ingenious plan. Expensive but at least original and maybe even a little smart. Getting away with it is quite far fetched, and changing a whole industries standard for one occurance even more ridiculous.

I bet jobs would be easy to find if they canceled all training for a student pilot hitting the dirt...

Edited by gary-mike

Ha! I haven't heard that story. I can't imagine investing all that time and money (not to mention the brain cells!) to get the PPL just to bust someone out of jail, and lose your license (and freedom, life, etc.) in the process.

I'm pretty sure my school trusts me not to pull anything stupid :)

Ha! I haven't heard that story. I can't imagine investing all that time and money (not to mention the brain cells!) to get the PPL just to bust someone out of jail, and lose your license (and freedom, life, etc.) in the process.

I'm pretty sure my school trusts me not to pull anything stupid :)

Congratulations. Thats a great milestone in your journey to learn !