HELISUCCESS UPDATE

AdminLB

Hello All,

Here is an update on how the 2011 HeliSuccess Career Development Seminar - Job Fair & Networking Event in Vegas is shaping up.

GENERAL SCHEDULE:

SATURDAY, November 5 – Pre Event

15:00 - 18:00 FAA Safety Team Seminar on a variety of helicopter related topics.

18:00 - 19:00 Private "Meet & Greet Social Hour"

SUNDAY, November 6 - (Seminar Day 1)

09:00 – 1730 Seminar/Speakers/Topics

12:00 – 13:30 Lunch Provided

MONDAY, November 7 - (Seminar Day 2)

08:30 – 15:30 Seminar/Speakers/Topics

15:30 - 18:30 Employer JOB FAIR & Networking event

TOPICS:

• Advancement in the Helicopter Industry
  • Opportunities and Life as an International Helicopter Pilot
  • Careers in Law Enforcement Flying
  • Networking - Do or Die!
  • Resume Tips and Tricks for Helicopter Pro's
  • Professionalism & Attitude - Recipe for Success!
  • Fire and Utility Flying
  • Success Flying Tours - What to Expect
  • Careers in Advanced Helicopter Training
  • So you want to be an EMS Pilot?
  • Success in the GOM Offshore Oil Support Industry - What to Expect
  • Career Survival 101 - Nuggets to Live By
  • Lunch Workshop Breakout - Military to Civilian - Making the Jump!
  • Lunch Workshop Breakout - Women in the Helicopter Biz

COMPANIES:

Meet hiring authorities, personnel, and speakers from the following companies: Air Methods Corp, American Eurocopter, Bristow Group, Colorado Heli-Ops, ERA Helicopters, Petroleum Helicopters Inc. (PHI), Helicopter Academy, Department of Homeland Security, Night Flight Concepts, Flight Safety International, CALFIRE, Rotorcraft Leasing Corp. (RLC), Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters, MedTrans, REACH Air Medical, TriState CareFlight, more to come....

BONUS ITEMS

• Scholarship $$ giveaway/awards.
  • We are hosting a Helicopter Association International Human Resource Committee Meeting during the seminar and attendees will have the chance to interact with member representatives during the event.

EDUCATION & NETWORKING are the keys to success in the helicopter business, so come out and join us at HeliSuccess 2011 in Vegas. (LEARN MORE)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just thought I'd mention the Riviera is having a sale on their rooms, the lowest room rate is actually below the $62 per room rate for the conference group (although I do not know what room type the group rate gets you). The Riviera website is showing $57 a night right now but some sites like Kayak say this sale is over today.

Just FYI in case you haven't booked your room yet!

I'm actually getting a bigger room to get brownie points with the Mrs. who is coming along. ;)

Matt,

Thanks for the update and the info on the rooms. I wanted to commend you for bringing your significant other along. This is a great place for them to learn more about the industry you are becoming a part of, and to meet folks that make us all look good. One of the CFIIs that i hired from last year's Seminar had his wife along, it was good to see that she was behind him all the way.. and i know they both had a good time in Vegas. Three of my team are bringing their wife's/girlfriends and i think it's a wonderful idea!! They will have to live this life with us.. :-)

dp

Well I figure I better treat her to a nice trip before we are eating Ramen every night during the instructor years. :lol:

She won't be attending the seminars (I did offer but she declined, guess she thinks we'll all be too boring) but she will be around for the social part of the evenings. I figure she should meet everyone, especially other spouses that have to put up with crazy pilots and wannabe-pilots like me. Maybe they can start a heli-spouse support group? ;)

Really looking forward to seeing you there DP!

Hey everyone, just thought I'd mention the Riviera is having a sale on their rooms, the lowest room rate is actually below the $62 per room rate for the conference group (although I do not know what room type the group rate gets you). The Riviera website is showing $57 a night right now but some sites like Kayak say this sale is over today.

Having just been to Vegas I feel I must ask; Does that price include the $16.50/day "resort fee"?

:D