CHECK THIS OUT!

Are helicopters and pilots all there is to this industry? Of course I know the answer, but that was a question that was loosely on my mind as I was walking the show floor at Heli-Expo 2012 in Dallas, TX.

Given that there were 620 vendors at Heli-Expo, but only 60 helicopters on the floor, the obvious answer is no. To me, it seems like when ever we (the media) cover events, we all get focused on the eye candy. Most cameras and attention are focused on the bright and shiny helicopters. As I walked around Heli-Expo, I decided to divert some of my attention towards the 100's of small and medium size companies who not only support the eye candy, but work really hard to scratch out a living doing it.

In our 4 Part Heli-Expo Video Blast Series, we take you on a visual tour of some of the show highlights. Rather than only show you skids, rotors, and the shiny side of the event, we opted to spend considerable time looking at the army of support companies who work just as hard as any helicopter operator. From mom & pops to medium size companies, there is an amazing variety of helicopter related businesses out there that often go relatively unnoticed. We want to show them some attention and we hope that you will take a few minutes and watch all four videos. You may just see a company out there that you have never heard of.

Enjoy!

Lyn Burks

Editor In Chief, Rotorcraft Pro Media Network

lyn.burks@rotorcraftpro.com

WATCH VIDEOS:

http://www.justhelic...hoto--News.aspx

• Like 2

Cool stuff, love the helos departing.. also great for me to see some of the things i missed cuz i was so busy with meetings and committees.. every year i promise myself i'll spend more time on the floor just checking stuff out, it seems impossible to see it all..

i also liked the one about the Communications Award.. couldn't have gone to a better candidate !!

http://www.justhelicopters.tv/Play/TabId/267/VideoId/306/HAI-Salute-To-Excellence-In-Communications-Award-Goes-To-Lyn-Burks.aspx

thanks for sharing,

dp