Suggested route MA to FL? KCEF-KMIA

Duat.com is spitting out low route of: KCEF CMK RBV GXU ENO PXT RIC LVL RDU SDZ CTF MMT ALD SAV SSI CRG OMN MLB PHK KMIA

VOR to VOR. Just wondering what sort of experiences ferry pilots have going thru VFR corridor near KJFK ot DC airspace...using shorter water crossings/hills...etc. I've never done a ferry flight that far but figure there is a "preferred" VFR route.

The airnav.com does have good info. Thanks.

Suppose I should look at some sectionals unless someone already has airport to airport routing they like?

As posted above I would recommend Skyvector.com and Airnav.com as well. I do long distance ferry flights almost weekly and those are my go to websites. If you use the flight plan feature and just type in your departure airport and arrival airport you will get a straight line highlighted between the two. From there you can drag the line and mark waypoints all along the way, it gives you distances and flight time based on your groundspeed. It's a convenient way to plan out your legs.

After I have an idea of the route I just use airnav.com to check out my proposed fuel stop airports, it has fuel prices, runway diagrams usually, and even hotels nearby if you're overnighting, great site.

If it was me I would probably go through the Hudson River NYC corridor (Faasafety.gov has an online course explaining the proper procedures) then the Atlantic coastline southbound all the way.

Side note: when planning your fuel stops be careful of the small uncontrolled fields that have Self Serve fuel listed as the only option. Landing low on fuel and then realizing the Self Serve is out of order, that can be a hassle (been there done that). I always try and pick my fuel stops that have both self serve and full Service, that way if the FBO is closed Self Serve is an option, usually.

Safe Travels

• Like 2

That's very helpful. I agree on the NYC corridor and the re-fueling thing is the sort of local knowledge that I would expect to crop up if you were unaware. Also good to hear the coast works and wasn't sure if I would hear stories about coastal weather being a hassle so inland was better, or DC ATC more trouble than its worth. Sometimes something like crossing the water from Cape May NJ over to DE looks like no big deal on a map but turns out to looks much farther when you get there...stuff like that.

A few years ago, I did a ferry flight from Southern NJ to Florida. I cross the Delaware at Wilmington. I stayed east of DC. I had not done any long trips with this helicopter previously so I kept my legs to 2.5 to 3 hours. I used fltplan.com and airnav together. Worked quite well. Airnav has a feature that allows you to checkout the airports near your arrival airport. Plus the list fuel prices. My routing was

7N& to MFV

MFV to FYJ

FYJ to IXA spent the night there. Hadn't planned on stopping there but weather required it.

Folks at the airport couldn't be more helpful.

IXA to AFP

AFP to JYL

JYL to 28J

28J to FPR

Have fun.