Green River Community College (Seattle, WA)

Has Anyone heard of this school? They have an aviation department and they have a helicopter program, but I can not find any info on VA benefits at the school. I want to use my post 9/11 to pay for the college and flight hours. Also the program requires 150 hours for completion and you earn your CFI. Is this comparable with other associates degree college programs? SLCC gets you up to CFII.

Any other options for this in the Seattle area?

I am somewhat familiar with this program. It is brand new and not really vetted yet. They will be doing their training in conjunction with Classic Helicopter Corp. in Seattle WA. Classic is a pretty good school. I did my commercial and CFI with them in their R22s. If anyone wants more details you can PM me.

• 3 months later...

Yes I read that, but according to GRCC's website there are multiple. Now, Idk if those are part of their fixed wing program or not.

Ridethisbike speaks the truth. However, having dealt with GRCC myself recently, I can see why t-time is here asking questions. Not a lot of information to be had and phonecalls yield only an answering machine. There is only ONE helicopter flight school currently associated with GRCC.

Edited by nightsta1ker

Thanks sta1ker... thats the info I wanted to know, thanks. I got a reply from George and will be giving him a call tomorrow.

FYI ridethisbike I did use that contact info, and I didn't learn what I wanted to about the program otherwise why would I still be asking? I've done the research, hell I even posted an extensive list of schools offering associates programs under post 9/11 funding.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I spoke with George last week and he confirmed everything I already learned... contracted with Classic, program is open. Although I don't remember if we talked about ratings... there's always something you forget to ask. Gotta ask him if the program goes to CFII... I'll report back when I find out.