Does anyone use Microsoft Flight Simulator?

aussiecop

I can hear the groans already... I am not asking because I think it's realistic fellas! one of my many side gigs is developing for an addon manufacturer and would love some real world opinions from the field, particularly on a new product the EC130. Our real world testing crew has been depleting over the last year with deployments and people moving to other countries etc for work so was hoping someone that has FSX installed on a computer may stick a hand up. Feel free to shoot me a message. Here is what is currently being worked on.

Cheers,

post-39662-0-76324500-1386163964_thumb.jpg

post-39662-0-65087100-1386163965_thumb.jpg

Nice, would be fun to play with. since until i get Helicopter controls for my sim, that's about all I can do with it.

Dreamin, What I am looking for is guys who fly rotorcraft to look at the systems and compare its actuality compared to the real thing if you have experience in the 130. If not, just the general feel of how it flies, cockpit modelling, gauge performance etc. There are limitations within the programming that prevent good reproduction of things like autos, but is a "as close as we can get" scenario within the confines and limitations of the platform.

The company I am a partner in produces the addons specifically for the non pilot simmer who wants to get in and fly around with a good degree of realism, but MSFSX is no Frasca or CAE platform so there is always a constant group of simmers who bemoan that it doesn't do this or that exactly the same way as the real thing. But the reality is, there are certain things that the MS product just can't replicate.

Funny thing is, most of the people who make these comments have exactly zero real flight time hours. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and we can discuss :)

I can hear the groans already... I am not asking because I think it's realistic fellas! one of my many side gigs is developing for an addon manufacturer and would love some real world opinions from the field, particularly on a new product the EC130. Our real world testing crew has been depleting over the last year with deployments and people moving to other countries etc for work so was hoping someone that has FSX installed on a computer may stick a hand up. Feel free to shoot me a message. Here is what is currently being worked on.

Cheers,

best thing would be if you rent a ec120/130 and fly it yourself. That way you have direct feedback and be more efficient with your work, involving other people , who relate to you how they perceive the feel of the aircraft, can make things more difficult.

don't put too much work and money into your product, unless you have BIG plans and a secure future with your MS FSX EC 120/130 aircraft.

Cheers Falko, it's just a pocket money project like another couple of gigs I have going, although been moderately successful at it for about 7 years now. I've only flown an EC120 once, so it's not a type I am familiar with unfortunately, but I am sure it will be reasonable enough for most of the customer base who are non aviation types or "desktop simmers"