206L3 down in Colorado

Goldy

This incident is so close to several of our VR members that many don't even want to go near a computer or a TV..

All I can say is I have seen too many friends, or friends of friends die doing similar things. With 10 hours or 100,000 hours, the same things bite us in the ass. We have to find better and better ways of flying safer, maybe using technology, maybe changing the way we think, or the way we currently accomplish a mission.

Whatever it is, we all love to fly. None of us should have to pay for that with our life.

Prayers to the families, and to the VR friends who were close to the pilot.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/3-dead-helicopter-crash-rural-western-colorado-article-1.1592977

Goldy

• Like 3

I was just reading about DBS helicopters in Vertical mag a few months ago, and I follow Colorado Heliops on Facebook and can't count the times I have seen Doug's 206L pop up in Dennis' posts. This is a sobering reminder that the danger of the wire environment transcends all experience levels.

Blue skies, Doug Sheffer. My condolences to everyone that knew him as well as the other 2 individuals.