For all of my fellow Devil Dogs out there, what uniform did you wear for your DA photo? The Officer Accessions NCO I'm working with for the USAR is insistent that I wear my dress uniform (for us our blues). Just doesn't seem right. We wear our Service "A" to check into units or schools and our Service "C" for promotion photos etc.

Please help.

Sgt. P

Edited by Marine4WOFT

Service Alphas. That is the equivalent uniform to what they (I guess I now) wear for DA photos. I can give you a reference for protocol if you would like. Semper Fi.

Back when I made submitted my application packet in 1998 I took my photo in Marine Service Alphas. It made sense because the Army was still wearing their service green uniform back then for DA photos. Having said that, it might be that the Dress Blue Bravo uniform might be a better choice because the current Army Service Uniform is what used to be the Army Dress Blue uniform.

I do understand your feeling though, and I would probably feel the same way, but the current Army Service Uniform is closer in appearance to the Marine Dress Blue Bravo than the Service Alphas--they are both blue. I would tend to agree with the Officer Accessions NCO. Imagine the selection board rolling through all these photos of folks in blue and then all the sudden you pop up in green. Would that disqualify you? Of course not, but I would not want to stand out for that reason. You'll already stand out for a much better reason by virture of wearing Marine Dress Blues!!!

Click here to see the Army Service Uniform for yourself: http://www.army.mil/asu/

Semper Fi!

USMC June 1990 - February 1999

Army March 1999 - June 2013