Army Warrant Officer Non-Flight Duties

whitewater17

Hey y'all,

I am currently a high school junior looking to become a warrant officer army chopper pilot. I am confident that I would enjoy the flying side of the job, but from what I've read it seems that when not deployed, flying time is hard to come by. So my question is, what do y'all WO pilots do (jobwise) when you're not flying? And how much time do you spend doing those things?

Thanks.

15 hours ago, whitewater17 said:

Hey y'all,

I am currently a high school junior looking to become a warrant officer army chopper pilot. I am confident that I would enjoy the flying side of the job, but from what I've read it seems that when not deployed, flying time is hard to come by. So my question is, what do y'all WO pilots do (jobwise) when you're not flying? And how much time do you spend doing those things?

Thanks.

Inventories, piss tests, don't rape people classes, don't kill yourself classes, yard work, inventories, busy work, pilot academics, ranges and other regular army stuff, filling the fridge fund, ordering supplies, doing paperwork, etc. About 25% of your time will be anything related to Aviation.