ARMY MORAL WAIVER (WOFT)

Has anyone else experienced issues with getting a moral waiver approved? Short story, since December of last year the recruiting office I have been processing my WOFT package through has continued to drop the ball over and over again. for the January 21 board they straight up didn't even route the waiver even though I had done all necessary actions on my part - for the March 21 board I was ensured that everything including my waiver was good to go and signed off on - this was supposedly reviewed by two SFCs and whomever is in charge of their special boards at the command - when I called to follow up on the board results (29 March 21) I was reluctantly told that they failed to route my waiver to the proper level of authority so I didn't even get looked at. So for two boards that I should have had a completed package for I have now missed due to the recruiting command failing to accomplish a simple task all for a moral waiver over two petty speeding tickets (most recent ticket was in 2016 by the way). 

3 hours ago, Lumin said:

Has anyone else experienced issues with getting a moral waiver approved? Short story, since December of last year the recruiting office I have been processing my WOFT package through has continued to drop the ball over and over again. for the January 21 board they straight up didn't even route the waiver even though I had done all necessary actions on my part - for the March 21 board I was ensured that everything including my waiver was good to go and signed off on - this was supposedly reviewed by two SFCs and whomever is in charge of their special boards at the command - when I called to follow up on the board results (29 March 21) I was reluctantly told that they failed to route my waiver to the proper level of authority so I didn't even get looked at. So for two boards that I should have had a completed package for I have now missed due to the recruiting command failing to accomplish a simple task all for a moral waiver over two petty speeding tickets (most recent ticket was in 2016 by the way). 

Where is your waiver at exactly?

Proponent or G3? G3 is Department of the Army and is ultimately the approving authority.

My waiver also didn’t get approved in time for this March board which is kind of strange since I submitted my packet well before the deadline.

I spoke to the local recruiters and they said they are running behind on waivers. But tbh, two boards seems a bit ridiculous for your case.

14 hours ago, Ewoski said:

Where is your waiver at exactly?

Proponent or G3? G3 is Department of the Army and is ultimately the approving authority.

My waiver also didn’t get approved in time for this March board which is kind of strange since I submitted my packet well before the deadline.

I spoke to the local recruiters and they said they are running behind on waivers. But tbh, two boards seems a bit ridiculous for your case.

To be completely honest I have no idea where its at currently - they told me it was routed up to the actual authority when someone at the board level let them know my waiver wasn't approved by the proper authority, so i guess G3 HQ Army. While I understand that stuff does take time my package will essentially have been delayed for almost 6 months due to two old petty speeding tickets, the fact that this even requires a waiver is ridiculous. I hope you have better luck than I have been having, I can definitely tell why the Army is hurting for pilots if this is how they handle what should be a simple process - hopefully we will both make and get selected for the May board. 

On 3/31/2021 at 1:38 PM, Lumin said:

To be completely honest I have no idea where its at currently - they told me it was routed up to the actual authority when someone at the board level let them know my waiver wasn't approved by the proper authority, so i guess G3 HQ Army. While I understand that stuff does take time my package will essentially have been delayed for almost 6 months due to two old petty speeding tickets, the fact that this even requires a waiver is ridiculous. I hope you have better luck than I have been having, I can definitely tell why the Army is hurting for pilots if this is how they handle what should be a simple process - hopefully we will both make and get selected for the May board. 

I just got my waiver back and finally board ready.

keep an eye out for yours