Looking for Vintage Pilot Headset Suggestions?

jamiannf

Hi, Im trying to find two pre 1971 Helicopter Headsets that have the attached mics. (Dont need to match) We need them for movie props. It is a private helicopter (corporate) and not military, set in the year 1970. Trying to figure out what I need has been challenging. Many of the sets listed on ebay, are not the dates they say they are after I research them. Can anyone suggest a few models that they know for sure are pre 71 and would make sense on a private helicopter pilot? Thank you for any help you can provide. 

I understand you want realism but probably the best thing would be to find some old David Clarks with the metal microphone boom. They really haven't changed much over the years. Dozens of them on eBay. About the only difference between airplane and helicopter headsets are the helicopter headsets usually have a curled cord. No one would ever notice the headsets (not even me, and I've been flying for 25 years) unless they were wearing a Bose or similar that didn't exist then. 

Edited by helonorth

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2022 at 3:26 PM, jamiannf said:

Hi, Im trying to find two pre 1971 Helicopter Headsets that have the attached mics. (Dont need to match) We need them for movie props. It is a private helicopter (corporate) and not military, set in the year 1970. Trying to figure out what I need has been challenging. Many of the sets listed on ebay, are not the dates they say they are after I research them. Can anyone suggest a few models that they know for sure are pre 71 and would make sense on a private helicopter pilot? Thank you for any help you can provide. 

Damn!! I hope we get at least get a sneak peak of your film somewhere in the future, sounds interesting!