Height & Weight

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weight DOES matter -- I'm 5'6 and 135#. I happened to apply for an advertised CFI positon, it was already filled BUT the school director forwarded my resume to a major photographic company I hadn't heard of because they NEEDED LIGHTWEIGHTS for long photographic flights with full tanks, one thing led to another, and . . .

now I'm their chief helicopter pilot.

And I didn't even have to go on a diet!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Im 5'4 and 115lbs :D Im so small. I have about 5 Hrs flight time in a R22 and i had to find a little pillow that could fit nicely behind me because i couldn't reach the pedals. Haha, the very tips of my shoes were about an inch from the pedals. But after some minor adjustments i was suddenly tall enough to actually control the heli. :) Yay for me.

5'11" and 200lbs. I keep saying I will cut back but never do. USAF sayes my optimal weight is 170lbs but max is 188lbs. I sit here typing this eating some cookies.......HEHeheheheh...

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Not in training school yet, but I know I have some work ahead of me before I go for flight time.

I'm 5'10" and 245. But that's down from over 300 last November. I dropped 55 pounds in 2 months, and just finished 2 months of maintaining that to let my body adjust.

At 37, I will concur that time and gravity have a tendancy to sneak up on you whether you like it or not, but I'm on track for getting it down to 190 by the end of June this year.

The way I see it, I'll be able to cite the effort involved in dropping 110 pounds when I make my case for whether I want to fly bad enough to stick it through.

Well done on the weight loss BZ. I'm now hovering around the 210 mark - want to get to 195 or less. I start training in 6 weeks, so quite possible although recently the loss has slowed down considerably...

Keep up the good work!

I think I have won the contest for being the largest R22 pilot. 6'5" at 236 pounds.....I keep it just under the 240 limit. Its cramped, especially with a kneeboard on..looking forward to moving on to a B 47 or a R44....but I'm not a CFI so I guess it doesnt matter as much. My motto....never fill the aux tank !!

My first instructor in the R-22 was around 200 and I was 6', 220 lbs. It was all we could do to get off the ground with 1/2 and 1/4. We could just barely pull off a 1hr flight and land with reserve. Now I'm at 210, looking for 185!

Well, If I put all my clothes on, jump into a pool, and go straight to a scale after I get out, I'm lucky to hit 125-130 and I'm 5' 11"

My finace has been trying to put weight on me for years but it just hasn't happened. Being the skinny kid isn't all bad I guess ;) I was on a milkshake diet until a family friend told me about his milkshake diet...

"Had I known I wouldn't gain 50 pounds for another 30 years, I never would have started. Don't start now, it'll bite you in the ass..and stay there." :P

Just a reminder to flag where you're from on the map on the sticky post:)