Robinson Safety Course, July 24-27

What do they do about lunch? Do you get an hour to go out some place?

RW

Mr. Robinson will feed you on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, Your on your own on Thursday. They have Donuts and coffee everyday also.

Superman, this is a first for me.

1. Can you give me a synopsis of what to expect?

2. I'm staying at a nearby motel. Will I have trouble walking to the factory, or should I take a taxi?

3. Will I have trouble finding the place?

4. What is your overall impression?

Thanks a lot for the information.

2. I'm staying at a nearby motel. Will I have trouble walking to the factory, or should I take a taxi?

1. The schedule tells you exactly what to expect

2. I stayed at a hotel nearby but was still a couple of miles away. There was a hotel that alot of people stayed at and was very close, defenitly walking distance

3. It's a piece of cake to find. The map that they give you is great.

4. The very first day you get to take a factory tour, very impressive. The course is well worth the money.

I think the Ramada is within 2 blocks of the factory. I stayed about 3 miles away at the Best western. Factory is easy to find, the maps they provided are good. If you fly into LAX, its about 25 minute ride to the factory. The whole course is real laid back, nothing to worry about. The factory is impressive. Judy will help with anything you might need, so don't worry, just show up and have fun.

Also, if you are going alone, pack light and Robinson will fly you back to LAX on Thursday or Friday in an R-44. One person, one bag and must fit under seat.

Clark

Thanks for the info. You gave me a chuckle with the course being worth the money. I downloaded and printed the registration form and gave my credit card info and faxed it to Robinson. My receipt came in the mail a few days later along with a notice that they'd since increased the fee from $350 to $400 so they actually charged my card for $400. $50 isn't a problem so I didn't say anything, as if it would matter anyway since I need the course. And enough time has passed that I can laugh about it now.

I'm looking forward to the course.

The course is amazing! Just a lot informative information, plus the ride with the factory pilot is amazing as well. I've said it before, but we did auto's in the 22 from 300, 200, and 100 AGL....the latter was awesome!

If your feeling wealthy, and you want to fly around the area, see($245/hr dual-R22):

Pacfic Coast Helicopters http://pacificcoasthelicopters.com/

3481 Airport Drive, Suite 400

Torrance, CA 90505 US

voice 310-539-8565 Erik or Bruce

fax 310-375-6093

Emal:

information@PacificCoastHelicopters.com

I fly out of there, and they're a good school. They do some flights, as Robinson is doing the safety course.

Relax about the course, and you'll enjoy it. Bring a pen and a notepad, that's about all you'll need. You will have a test at the end of the course, but it's not pass/fail or letter grade. Most everyone did well on the test.

Cheers-

Rob